Furen International School (FIS) is established as a Preparatory School in 2000. Originally started as a School to prepare students for the Singapore’s GCE O-Level Examinations, we have since expanded to several other courses. All our courses however have a singular purpose – to prepare students for university. There are two qualities that are necessary.
Academic success in is a MUST and the qualification to gain entry into FIS is a motivated student that possesses perseverance and industriousness. To achieve academic success, we interact closely with our students. The Principal, Vice-Principal, Form Teacher, Student Affairs Teachers and Student Development Manager, all of them are actively involved in student’s performance. And for students who are academically strong, we encourage the student to supplement their current studies with extra coursework.
Step 2 requires exposure, in that students partake in social causes to broaden their horizons. We participate in many programmes, one example is the twice yearly Cambodia Trip organized by the School’s 108th Boys’ Brigade Company and 89th Girls’ Brigade Company.
The School encourages dreamers! To rise above the ordinary is not just a motto but our raison d’etre. To get into the top universities; a good application profile has to include both academic and non-academic achievements. We have a good relationship with consultants and application specialists who actively discover a student’s dreams and work closely together with them in achieving that dream.
We aim to be Asia’s most influential Preparatory Education Institution by helping our students secure admissions to world-renowned institutions.
To provide quality education and to secure entry to world-renowned universities.
F – Focus (to be focused on our dreams and goals)
I – Industrious (to be industrious, diligent and hardworking in tasks that we set ourselves)
S – Share (to share openly and willingly)
Gratitude and Reciprocity. Be grateful and repay those who have contributed in one’s life.
Rise Above the Ordinary
FIS is always innovating, always progressing. We set up an Online Bridging Programme to help our academically weaker students. We will persevere and ensure that ALL our students are able to get into the top universities.
As a Principal, you will be:
1. Responsible for providing educational guidance and assistance for students by planning schedules, recommending courses and determining appropriate education solutions for different types of students.
2. Encouraging staff to accomplish their various objectives in line with the Academic Department Work Plan and appraising their performance.
3. Uses regular feedback from students and staff on effectiveness of teaching or school procedures to analyze surveys (eg Student Satisfaction, Student Survey of Teachers), evaluating data and making suggestions for improvement in reports.
4. Collects regular feedback from students and staff on effectiveness of teaching through: Reviewing Teachers’ Weekly Formative Intervention Forms and Student Continuous Assessment Forms, to resolve any issue with or without the intervention from the Principal and submit a report accordingly. Conducting group meetings with teachers on how to improve teaching and learning in FIS.
5. Makes announcements and circulates key information to teachers, other staff and students regarding academic matters.
6. Meets and maintains CPE and EduTrust requirements for the Academic Department.
7. Supports the internal quality assurance team in ensuring compliance in academic standards and provisions in accordance with CPE requirements.
8. To plan and carry out independent periodical internal audit on all departments.
9. To ensure that all FIS Policies and Operation Manuals are reviewed at least once in the annual audit cycle.
10. Assists in any other ad-hoc duties or projects as assigned by the Management.
- Has a good university degree from the UK and having studied in the UK for at least 3 years
- Has a good knowledge of recognised educational qualifications such as IB, CIE, Edexel, AQA, SAT, IELTS, TOEFL and AP
- Is social media savvy including understanding on social media as a marketing platform
- Is articulate and good written English Language skills
- Has a good cross-cultural attitude especially in dealing with students, agents and parents mainly from China
- Able to work full-time Monday to Saturday and must be available when duties called on Sunday and Public Holidays.
Join us as driving force behind the school, click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!