◆ beBit, Inc.
We support the digital transformation of client companies with the UX team cloud "USERGRAM" and UX design consulting.
USERGRAM is our fast-paced flagship SaaS product, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies.
More than 130 companies are using USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people. At the end of July 2020, we raised 2.5 billion yen and we plan to embark on overseas development of USERGRAM in China and Taiwan.
◆ Challenges that USERGRAM faces:
● Large offline data import processes, with latency constraints.
● Near real-time processing of large datasets.
● Data analytics of even greater volumes of data.
● Processing bulk data through Machine Learning algorithms for clustering, and predictions.
● Processing hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
● Constantly think, PoC and implement new solutions to onboard new customers in the continuously growing DX market.
Today, when various digital technologies such as AI and IoT are drastically changing our society, economy, and lifestyle. You could say that we live in an era of digital overlapping, where "digital encompasses everything. The evolution of digital technology is accelerating at an unstoppable pace.
In such an environment, companies are forced to redesign themselves to fit the digital age (digital transformation).
All actions will be converted into data in some form or another and will be utilized in an online competitive principle that transcends physical limitations.
beBit believes that the O2O (Online to Offline) concept, which considers online and offline as separate entities and tries to connect them, has already become obsolete, and that we are moving into the OMO (Online Merges Offline) era, which considers digital and real as one platform.
The scalability of technology increases the convenience of people and improves the value of their experience. In other words, under the OMO concept, all businesses will shift from being product-based to being experience-based and will become more like social infrastructure.
In other words, companies need to redefine "products, services, and promotions" as "experiences that blend into the lives of users regardless of whether they are digital or real". By supporting "experience design," we strive to create a "better society" for both companies and consumers.
◆ The dev team at beBit
We are 30+ talented IT Engineers from 9 different countries, who are responsible for our flagship product USERGRAM. We are organized as scrum teams with self-reliable and cross-functional features and aim to use the latest technologies/approaches and find simple solutions for complex problems.
◆ Why are we hiring?
Our client base is increasing every year, and our data volume is growing every month. We need to keep maintaining the performance while improving and adding new functionalities. Also, as we have aggressive business goals, we need more great talents to join us to grow together.
◆ What makes this position stand out
● Directly affects the experience of many users
Many of our clients are large companies, so the service operation measures that they plan using USERGRAM will affect a large number of end-users. One new feature we develop can improve the quality of the experience for so many users.
● You can enjoy change and gain a wide range of skills
Since its start, beBit has focused on rapid hypothesis testing through prototyping. This style has permeated the company's culture, the development cycle and technologies used within the team are also changing rapidly. Especially in data pipelines and infrastructure, the technology stack is rapidly changing to more modern ones, and the work environment is becoming more and more interesting. Trying to change yourself and your surroundings are always encouraged.
● You can work in a diverse team
The development team consists of members from about 10 different countries. We all work together as one team through trial and error.
● We value psychological safety
You can experience growing a product by working as one team, regardless of whether you're in development or in a business team. You can also discuss high-level technology in a positive manner.
Check our blog to learn more about our team.
(All translated into English)
◆ As an Infrastructure Engineer - Senior Level, your mission is to:
● Lead and improve Kubernetes and cloud resource management.
● Identify a potential problem of infrastructure, propose possible solutions, and resolve the problem with a plan.
● Use your experience to make our infrastructure more reliable and scalable.
● Analyze the industry developments, trends, and formulate more efficient processes.
● Provide advice on projects from the architectural perspective.
● Keep our technology stack up to date.
● Educate, coach and mentor the junior members.
◆ Your Skills and experience that we look for:
● Experience leading the design, implementation and maintenance of scalable infrastructure in AWS/GCP with IaC (Terraform/CloudFormation).
● 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes administration on a large scale.
● Expertise in leveraging Automation / DevOps principles and able to apply best practices for infrastructure and software deployment.
● Mentoring junior developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
● Intermediate English Level (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
◆ Value-added skills:
● Profound understanding of Kubernetes (operator development, cluster management, etc.).
● Build and optimize data processing architecture with AWS services (Glue, EMR, Athena, Lambda) or GCP (Firebase, Firestore, BigQuery).
● Experience in establishing a workflow for incident response.
● Experience in administration of Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, MySQL on a large scale.
● Experience in setup of monitoring tools with high availability: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack.
● Experience in Linux and Unix administration.
● Experience with Python or Java (or any other JVM Languages).
● Experience with Agile Scrum-based development process.
● Japanese language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing).