Human+Business / Founder
I'm a design generalist with breadth in the visual and communications design field. During my national service, I built and launched a mobile application for occupational safety under DSTA, and worked on AI/ML projects. I've also founded my own startup in 2018 before closing it down in 2019 due to runway issues. I've had extensive experience in the graphic design field as well.
The way we teach and the way we learnt has not been optimised perfectly. Through experience, design and philosophy, I want to make things easier to learn and understand whilst not sacrificing quality, especially in the fields of entrepreneurship.
- Founded a leadership publication and a Substack newsletter read by employees from VC-backed startups and Fortune 500 companies - Top writer in Leadership, Business, Management, Startup, Entrepreneurship, and People, on Medium
- 22-month National Service - Extensive operations experience in ammunition inspection, transportation, surveillance, transactions, and documentation - Supervising officer for 14 ammunition storehouses
- Fully remote marketing agency based in San Fransisco - Ghostwritten for firms like Matic Network, Comcast, TrustToken, and MetroResidences - Guest-posting with bylines on Hackernoon, The Capital, The Daily Hodl
- Recipient of StartupSG Founder’s Grant - Featured on e27 and Yahoo! News - Garnered partnerships with NTUC and Shiseido - Organized an “ideathon” with Pollinate Singapore and
- One-man design team, designed every screen from ideation to MVP (consists of payment portal, 5-step platform, marketplace, landing page, and blog). - Tools used: Balsamiq, Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, Adobe Illustrator
- Part-time Hotline Executive for Mediacorp, Capital 95.8FM, received news calls, wrote news scripts for morning and afternoon broadcast - Sports Editor for campus newspaper (Stop Press, English), Chief Editor for campus newspaper (Stop Press, Chinese)
- Attained distinction in diploma awarded by London College of Music for guitar performance and musical analysis
- Internship under polytechnic diploma - Managed social media account (@betterinternetsg) for 6 months, created 78 Instagram posts. Garnered 15K total impressions, with 4.5K likes and average engagement rate of 30% (from 1.98%)
- Assisted reporters in Capital95.8 team in manning news hotline - Assessed the newsworthiness of incoming tips - Curated and created soundbites and news snippets for next-day morning broadcast - Circulated news within organisation intranet
- Crafted individualised curriculum based on student's preference and learning capability - Conducted lessons for beginners to Grade 1 students - Created teaching materials to aid in students' learning and foster thirst for knowledge with visible progress
Extra-curricular Experience: - Attained Distinction for Singapore Youth Festival 2013 under English Drama Club Educational Experience: - L1R5 8 points, with distinction in English, Chinese, A.Maths, E.Maths, Geography and Combined Humanities (History & Social Studies)