Ryan Tan graduated from Nanyang Technological University in 2018 with a degree in Computer Science. He is currently working as software Engineer in ST Electronics (Info-comm System). In his free time, he like to read book on tech startup, develop Android Mobile Application for fun. He also enjoy doing digital Marketing with his Facebook Page.
In 2017, he created a Facebook call "Contest Junkies Singapore", mainly act as a repository for all the online contests in Singapore. Within a year, Contest junkies Singapore Facebook page has more than 4000 followers.
Ryan Tan also graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a Diploma for Information Technology in 2014. In total, he achieved 4 ADs , 10 As and 2 Director Lists while also being actively involved in CCAs. Ryan was involved in Leo Club where he volunteer his time at Old Folks Home. In Aug 2015, Ryan enrolled in NTU Computer Science to continue learning the relevant skill sets he needs.
In university, he also does community work through volunteer his time at AWWA Community Home for Senior Citizens. He is compassionate as well as industrious. He yearns to be an asset to any organization he joins.
Ryan Tan want to develop an Mobile Application that can have a significantly impact in people lives, like Carousell, Uber, Tinder..etc
• Developed and implemented an algorithm for a Window application that support the renaming of many different excel files categorized by years using Java and Eclipse. • Successfully integrated an Android Drone Detection application with Osmdroid map API and receive JSON data as coordinates for the drones to display on the map. • Worked with the project manager to further improve the UI/UX of the Drone Detection mobile application. • Worked with MINDEF and DSTA to develop a software emulator using powerpoint slides of UI given by the vendor using C# and visual studio.
• Remodeled an existing instant messaging desktop application to correct errors, upgrade interfaces and improve performance using Java and Eclipse. • Designed test cases for User Acceptance testing (UAT) and wrote documentation for the application and performed system testing to ensure the application fulfilled all the acceptance criteria. • Received offer as full-time staff from the supervisor for the contribution to the project after this internship.
• Developed automated test script for a simulator for workload reduction in data processing using C# and Visual Studio within 3 months. • Self-motivated in learning and enhancing C# skill to complete the project.
• Collaborated with a software engineer in Ngee Ann Polytechnic to develop an Android mobile application using Java for an app-enabled robotic ball known as Sphero. • Devised the algorithm for Sphero to navigate a simple maze within 15 seconds. • Adopted Agile software methodology for this project.
• Managed guest check-ins and checkouts professionally and systematically that led to reduction in waiting time for more than 3000 local and international students during peak periods. • Resolved on an average of 5 guests’ complaints per day in a timely and professional manner that led to an increase in guest satisfaction during their stay in the hostel. • Received testimonial from the manager for the contribution to the part time job during this period.
• Worked closely with the startup founder of the company to develop a mobile application solution for business user to store client information using XML layouts and Android widgets. • Successfully set up an on-the-fly searching functionality for a mobile application that reduced the processing time of retrieving client information by more than 50%. • Received testimonial from the CEO for the contribution to the project.
• Successfully implemented the CRM web application using PHP and MYSQL that helped the sales team to maintain better customer relationships with client that led to an increase in productivity. • Received testimonial from the supervisor for the contribution to the project.
Person-centered care is a collaborative effort between patients, patient’s families, friends, doctors and other healthcare providers. It is achieved through collaboration between patient and healthcare providers to share their knowledge and work together to gain optimum healing and recovery. person centered care.
This project aims to further develop an Android tablet application for healthcare providers in a day care centre to seamlessly upload and display photos of each patient for their viewing pleasure and also listing the list of assigned games for the patient for the day.
2016-8 - 2017-8
Final Year Project: Person-Centred Care for Dementia Patients (Frontend System)
Person-centered care is a collaborative effort between patients, patient’s families, friends, doc...
• Diploma plus certification in Web Development • Specialisation in Business Management
Nanyang Technological University, Welfare Service Club
• IT Subcommittee - Integrated a Google calendar on the Welfare Service Club website in 2015 that allowed members to easily search for events on different dates. • Regular Service Project - Volunteered at Asian Women’s Welfare Association (AWWA) Senior Community Home on a weekly basis to engage over 140 elderlies in the nursing home.
2014-8 - 2016-8
Connections on Wantedly
What's a 'Wanted Score'?
Are you sure you want to send this feedback to Wantedly?