Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry. Having dipped her toes in creative advertising, market research and video production, Charmaine is currently part of the Employer Branding & Rec...
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know our Team:
The Singapore Safety team supports Grab’s business verticals and operations in Singapore and is responsible for all safety-related aspects of the platform. Through continual development and innovation to the business processes, policies, and products, we are committed to making Grab safer every day as it becomes the everyday super-app in the region. As a team, we also help influence the overall strategic direction of the company by supporting the top management with safety insights and advisory.
If being always on the move and problem-solving excites you, this is the role for you. Successful candidates will work on multi-dimensional and cross-functional projects, with our regional teams and external partners to tackle real-time safety issues for users on the Grab platform.
Get to know the Role:
- Steer leadership and management teams along with the organization’s safety mission and principles
- Develop internal and external user safety policies and processes
- Monitor and shape the operating environment to predict, prevent and respond to safety incidents
- Leveraging on data and technology to propose online and offline solutions reduce risk exposure and improve response
- Inform, educate and raise safety awareness amongst Grab partner community
The day-to-day activities:
- You are responsible for tracking, analyzing, and presenting data, as well as monitoring the safety KPIs in Singapore to benchmark our safety performance and standards.
- You will support the team in the operationalization of new technological and product developments that are rolled out to enhance the safety of our users - from drivers to passengers, merchants to eaters.
- You will support the team’s strategic projects and partnerships that are aimed to develop early preventive measures to improve our safety standards and shape the overall safety culture of the community.
- You will work cross-functionally and understand the country’s business objectives to provide customized safety advisory and solutions, with the ultimate goal of steering leadership and management teams along with the organization’s safety mission and principles.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of how the incident data are being captured, managed, and subsequently used to provide important insights to Singapore leadership team to reduce safety incidents.
The must haves:
- Minimally bachelor's degree - 5+ years of experience.
- An analytical mindset to identify and critically analyze quantitative and qualitative patterns that are associated with safety trends.
- The ability to present data comprehensively and accurately, with the drive to execute on actionable findings.
- The breadth of thought to develop a variety of complex policies and procedures with minimal guidance to prevent and mitigate safety risks.
- Excellent problem solving/decision making, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong judgment and moral compass.
- The flexibility to work cross-functionally, independently, or virtually in a minimally structured and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills.
If being always on the move and problem-solving excites you, this is the role for you. Successful candidates will work on multi-dimensional and cross-functional projects, with our regional teams and external partners to tackle real-time safety issues for users on the Grab platform. Click "I'm interested"!