Employer Branding @ Grab
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the team
The Sustainability Team is responsible for managing the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) impact for Grab. As a regional function, your work will cover all business entities - this includes 14 offices globally, 8 operating markets and in future, Group-level entities. The team is responsible for planning, internal & external stakeholder engagement (including NGOs, corporate and private sector), project management, and subject matter expertise for ESG-related matters.
Get to know the role
We are looking for an experienced subject matter expert on environmental sustainability, particularly with a focus on decarbonization and waste pollution management. This person is also one who is keen to drive change and impact for the good of the wider community and environment through technology.
This person could be described as:
• High technical knowledge/experience with proven business impact on environmental sustainability in previous work experience
• Organised, process-oriented and a strong bias towards systemic change and action
• Data-driven and analytical but yet enjoys exploring creative and innovative ideas/solutions
• A strong communicator with good presentation skills, with a knack for influencing key stakeholders
• High adaptability, understanding and ability to balance and relate business needs with sustainability goals
• A strong team player who enjoys collaborating with different teams and multi-level stakeholders
The Day-to-Day Activities / Responsibilities
This role will cover:
• Responsible for environmental sustainability strategies to support Grab’s business growth, including implementing climate risk management policy, processes and implementation of programmes adjusted to climate-change scenario analysis
• Report, track and manage environmental sustainability metrics (including TCFD), while improving data collection methodology.
• Drive engagement and partnerships with external stakeholders (regulators, NGOs, academia, business partners, etc) seeking solution and external validation
• Build internal capabilities - educate, coach and drive employee engagement programmes for Grabbers of all levels
• Keeping abreast with developments in global trends, frameworks, reporting standards, government policy changes and potential solutions
• Own and project manage region-wide cross-functional environmental sustainability programmes, policies (including supply chain, product, etc) and processes to support key goals
• Manage overall budget for environmental sustainability programmes and needs
• Drive and develop thought leadership capabilities (e.g. white papers, research studies) to support needs to different markets
• Develop and review product-related content (e.g. marketing communications, in-app explanations) and communications narrative to help influence our target audience to gain understanding and take action.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree in environmental sciences/management, and/or related credentials/training/experience in the field.
• Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience in environmental management consultancy or in-house corporate functions (ESH or corporate sustainability)
• Working knowledge of core reporting standards, greenhouse gas inventory measurement standards and circular economy.
• Understanding the public policy landscape and public policy strategy.
• Effective communicator capable of delivering a clear, concise and consistent message, both verbally and in writing.
Experience that would be added advantage:
• Social sustainability
• Sustainable financing or external project funding
• Narrative-shaping/communication/report writing
• Managing the working relationship with third-party consultancy/agencies to deliver high-quality deliverables
• Sectoral exposure (e.g. transport/logistics/food & beverage industries)
• Team management experience
If this sounds like you, click "I'm interested" and find out more!