Employer Branding @ Grab
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Team
We focus on humanising big data, being a bridge between the technical and operational (market) side of business and to use data in order to align with strategic goals. If you like a good challenge and love to find new ways of interpreting data then you’re a perfect fit!
What will you do?
• Understand user-behaviours through metric movements to perform exploratory analysis and discover new opportunities
• Use your data expertise to support operational business teams and be the champion for data-driven decision making
• Design market/business intelligence reports, performance measurement dashboards and other data products.
A Day In The Life
• Be our expert in using data to measure and analyse business performance in each of our markets and lines of business.
• Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for business growth.
• Partner with management and operational teams to deep dive on core issues and use our data to find answers.
Collaborate with various expert teams to roll out effective products/services and to expand Grab’s universe of data for building richer insights.
• Develop data applications that provide analytical insights for business stakeholders
• Establish a data-driven decision making ecosystem for business stakeholders through integration of data products with Grab’s internal tools and systems
• Build and maintain data pipelines used for a diverse range of data products
• Implement best practices for managing versions and source control for data product development
• A curious and confident soul (with a dash of humour) who loves using data!
• Prior knowledge in Data Manipulation/Wrangling, Analytics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical field.
• For the Senior Analyst role, at least 3 years of experience or multiple internships in an Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science role, preferably with large, complex, high-velocity data.
• Strong foundation in data query/manipulation using SQL is a must.
• Strong working knowledge of data visualisation best practices; data visualisation using tools like PowerBI is a must.
• Strong foundation using Big Data technologies (Spark, PySpark, MLFlow).
• Strong foundation in Azure Data Services (SQL DWH/Synapse, Databricks, Data Factory) is preferred.
• Experience in business, strategy and/or tech consulting would be an advantage.
• Passionate about solving problems – possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration.
• Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly.
• Strong communicator with the ability to switch hats between data/technical speak and business/layperson speak.
Join our mission to make data more accessible and useful for Business, Product and Data Science & Analytics communities. Click "I'm Interested" and speak with us today!