Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know our Team:
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Grab story around the world. We are a strategic partner to the multiple business functions in Grab – to help them drive their business objectives.
Get to know the Role:
This role will combine strategic thinking with hands-on programme creation. As the Regional Communications Manager for Technology, you are excited to dive deep into the world of Grab Tech, and have a passion for tech for good.
You will work with a wide range of stakeholders - and are proactive in reaching out to find stories, shape a clear and compelling tech narrative for Grab, and lead the development and execution of creative, impactful communication strategies across Southeast Asia. You love to tell stories, whether to media, on social or other channels.
We’re looking for an independent thinker and problem solver, highly collaborative with a strong sense of ownership, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment. The successful candidate must have a strong track record of developing and executing programmes from the ground up, with proven results. They must be comfortable with data and able to translate it into interesting insights for external audiences. Excellent writing skills, critical thinking, and the ability to think ahead and anticipate issues are a must.
The day-to-day activities:
• Manage a regional communications programme that showcases Grab Tech
• Lead product PR campaigns to drive consumer education and usage of Grab. Think beyond press, exploring new communication channels and formats to tell the Grab story
• Create thought leadership programmes for Grab executives
• Organise regional media events, and equip country teams to drive local announcements
• Effectively manage issues and develop communication programmes to mitigate them
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with technology, business, consumer and international press in Southeast Asia
• Partner with employer branding to create compelling content that showcases our Grabbers and their work
• Build and manage a speaker bureau for Grab Tech
• Track KPIs according to budget and business requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (no preference in field)
• Minimum 7 years of experience: Technology PR, media relations, crisis/issues management
• Content marketing or integrated marketing experience would be a plus
• Consumer technology and Internet sector experience preferred
• Experience working in a regional or global team in a fast-growth company
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
• Comfortable with data and able to translate it into information that is easy to understand
• Hands-on and motivated by challenging work
• A creative flair and curiosity to push new ideas!
Click "I'm interested" and we will follow up with further instructions!