Having dipped her toes in creative advertising, market research and video production, Charmaine is currently part of the Employer Branding & Recruitment Marketing team at Grab.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
Get to know our Team:
The Performance and Culture team strives to create a culture of highly adaptive performance at Grab. We serve to develop and inspire Grabbers to be a better version of themselves.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Role:
The Performance & Culture Partner (PCP) is a regional role responsible for championing and instilling Grab’s vision (The Grab Way) into organisation-wide people initiatives. In this role, you will drive initiatives will collectively transform Grab’s culture:
- From survival to growth
- From alignment to collaboration
- From reporting to performing
- From managing to empowering/inspiring
You will report to the Head of Performance & Culture, which falls under the People and Organisational Development function. You will work closely with leaders and Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) across the organisation to strategise, coordinate, and implement people initiatives.
The day-to-day activities:
- Be responsible for driving the purpose, design, and implementation of our people initiatives to strengthen organisational performance and culture. These include performance management, career development, team structure, operating models, and leadership coaching.
- Support the leadership team as an advisor and change agent with regards to performance and culture related matters. In practice, this includes a variety of activities: acting as a Project Manager to facilitate change programs, promoting collaborative relationships, and aligning conflicting priorities among stakeholders.
- Partner with leaders to ensure factors of motivation (that are aligned with Grab’s objectives) are cohesively applied throughout the organisation (e.g. how Grabbers work/ systems & processes / communication/ career coaching/ succession planning).
- Facilitate learning through controlled experimentation - initiate pilot projects or minor revisions in local areas, and share best practices that can be applied effectively across the organisation.
What the role will need:
- You resonate with Grab’s values: Heart, Hunger, Honour, and Humility
- You thrive in a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous environment
- You have experience in creating and driving successful collaboration across diverse stakeholders from different levels, disciplines (operations and tech), and locations
- You have experience coaching people towards higher performance
- You have experience in change management
- You are able to influence others without authority
- You have experience developing frameworks to analyze people problems, develop hypotheses, collect data, offer recommendations, and assess the impact of proposed/implemented solutions
- You are organised, insightful, and are able to communicate with clarity to stakeholders (Grabbers, Managers, Executive Committee)
- You are a proactive and quick learner and are not afraid to roll up sleeves to get things done efficiently and effectively
- You understand concepts of behavioural science and total motivation and are able to embed them into programs
- Fluency and knowledge of the cultural landscape in SEA/Asian Markets will be an added advantage
Join Grab on an incredible mission - Click "I'm Interested"!