Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
The People Operations (Pops) team strives to revolutionize human resources the same way that Grab has revolutionized transportation & financial inclusion in SEA. We serve to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are our Grabbers.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
[Get to know the Role]
The People Operations Business Partner (Pops BP) is responsible for aligning people & growth objectives with key stakeholders and employees for the People, Places, Security & Systems regional portfolio. In this role, you will provide People expertise and counsel to management covering a full range of HR disciplines including organizational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, career development, remuneration and workforce planning.
You will report to the Regional Head of Pops BP (Functions) and work closely with your Supervisor to plan, manage and deploy the people agenda and programs including workforce planning, culture and engagement initiatives.
[The day-to-day activities]
- You support the management team on people matters as an advisor and change agent by facilitating change across teams, organizations, procedures and systems. As appropriate, you act as a Project Manager to align conflicting priorities among stakeholders and enable collaborative relationships.
- You collaborate with leaders on people-related initiatives to develop a people-oriented culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork and high performance.
- You partner with business leaders to drive the workforce planning process to forecast budget for resource planning, workforce engagement and learning and development; and oversee the development and deployment of people, assess and anticipate their needs.
- You establish and communicate People metrics that demonstrate added value and identify where changes in practices and policies are required.
- You identify key drivers, plan and execute impactful actions to systematically strengthen culture and organization performance; and work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity.
- You make an impact by supporting & guiding your fellow Grabbers by communicating thoughtful, personalised solutions and feedback which helps them improve.
- You are responsible for driving performance management reviews, providing guidance, advice and training to managers on managing performance issues at all levels by implementing relevant retention strategies and identifying learning and development needs for business units and individual coaching needs.
[The must haves]
- You have Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility; and thrive in a VUCA environment.
- You have a minimum of 10 - 12 years of HR experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in a human resource business partnering in hyper-growth industries or companies.
- You have experience in communicating high-level strategy details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including senior leadership.
- You are organised, insightful and can communicate your observations well, both written and verbally to your stakeholders to share updates and coordinate the development of projects.
- You have experience with coaching people across all areas to increase morale, accountability and more precise expectations.
- You help develop frameworks to analyze business problems, develop hypotheses, mine data, offer recommendations, and assess the impact of proposed solutions.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, G Suite and HRIS systems.
- You are a proactive and quick learner and have a sense of urgency to get things done efficiently and effectively.
- Your fluency and knowledge of the cultural landscape in SEA/Asian Markets will be an advantage.
Join Grab on an incredible mission! Click "I'm Interested".