Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Hey, I’m Joel! With a strong interest in branding, marketing and design, I am actively pursuing relevant education and experience in the field!
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
This opportunity is only for students who are available for at least 20 weeks from July to December 2021 for internship.
You can now apply for our 2021 Internship program, running from July to December. Our internships are designed to provide real-world experience that enables you to put everything you've learned into action and give you an opportunity to join us in driving South East Asia forward, together.
GET TO KNOW THE TEAM:
The PR team is responsible for telling the Grab story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and online influencers, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the PR team is the voice of Grab. The team works closely with all business verticals to promote and protect Grab's reputation and brand.
Grab has transformed from a ride-hailing app to SEA’s leading super app. Core businesses in Singapore include food delivery, payments and financial services. New and relevant everyday services like hotels and videos were also launched to cater to our consumers’ lifestyle needs. This is a rare opportunity to experience an extremely fast-paced and dynamic environment, and learn how communications are framed to shape and help target audience understand the brand better.
Get to know the Role:
• Provide assistance with the execution of company’s public relations strategy
• Support the regional communications team in developing, copyediting and proofreading written content for internal and external audiences (i.e. press releases, awards submissions, media invites, newsletters etc.)
• Assist in trendspotting and trendjacking to help in developing creative and engaging content to bring Grab’s story to life
• Conceptualise creative outreach ideas and develop creative assets for traditional and online media as well as social influencers
• Contribute to the development of a strategic communications plan
• Assist with event planning and support (including logistics, on-site staffing, development of collateral, promotions, etc.)
• Assist in monitoring of news and development of coverage reports
• Conduct industry research and market analysis, including maintaining a database of relevant events, industry developments and editorial calendars
• Provide assistance with the execution of company’s PR strategy
The day-to-day activities:
• Gain real-world experience and hone skills in PR fundamentals - e.g. research, writing, media relations etc
• Understand where a PR function sits within a company and the role it plays
• Learn how PR strategies and plans are put together and execute
• Learning the role of PR and communications in corporate environment
• Understand how to position brand and set effective messages
• Learning how to prepare and manage spokespersons
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
• Have strong attention to detail with good organization skills
• Able to research & compile relevant information, provide strategic analysis, present and initiate ideas
• Possess a flair for creative campaign ideation, copywriting and design and development of executive presentations
• Proficiency in photo and video editing tools, social apps and prior experience in creative content production would be a plus
• Prior internship experience at a public relations agency or in a corporate communications department would be a plus
• Candidates with a Mass Communications or Marketing background are preferred, although all candidates will be considered
The internships are available for candidates based in Singapore only.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today. Click "I'm interested" and we will respond with further instructions!