Hoods is slang for:
~ someone embodying urban culture
At Hoods Inc., we like to stay under the radar (we can do our most groundbreaking work that way), so we let our projects speak for themselves. And while remaining anonymous, we have produced OVER ONE THOUSAND half and one hour comedy and drama televised episodes, commercials, current affairs programmes, feature films, documentaries, music videos, branded content, webisodes, corporate videos, interstitials, live events and social media integrated content.
We also get bored easily. Which is why we risk everything, every time, to bring the most innovative entertainment to your screens. And with great risk comes great reward. We were the:
FIRST to bring English sitcoms into your home
FIRST to make arts programming accessible to the masses
FIRST to have a series pulled off the air for ‘crossing the line’
FIRST to use the Red Camera and create a workflow
FIRST to incorporate AR/VR tech into televised series (animated & photo-realistic)
FIRST to create Singapore’s longest running kids/family reality series
FIRST to bring arts comedy to the heartlands
(of course these are just the success stories; let’s not go into the risks that crashed and burned)
Because why not?
Our single-minded focus on quality has led to a diversity in products and services, from sitcoms to dramas, webisodes to commercials, feature films to music videos, we provide you with the boldest and the best. Experimenting with 360 technology, virtual studios and 8K resolution productions, we are able to adapt to ever-changing client and consumer needs.
In a nutshell, we do anything and everything. So long as it interests us and makes a difference in people’s lives. Especially ours.
We are the team behind TV, feature film and online series like Pulau Hantu, Hard Truths, City Sharks, Front, K By Kumar, ST4R SQUAD, Angels, Wrinkles, Zero Hero, Sonic Warrior, IDEX, Yolo Pronto, Presidential Art, Cosmo & George, Stories of Love Anthology, Double Trouble, SSSOFA, Random Acts, Living Together, Fableicious, Knockout… we would love to keep humblebragging, but we’ve got a word count limit. Then again, breaking the rules is our motto. So here’s more. We were also part of the creative team behind hits like Under One Roof, Phua Chu Kang, Kids Talk Back and Capital e. Don’t know these shows? Ask your parents.
With hard work, blood, sweat and tears. And the occasional bit of good fortune.
So if you want to be glamorous, rich and insta-famous… DO NOT WORK HERE!
But if you want to do meaningful work, take risks and work with a passionate, colourful and entertaining team, then please check out our Job Postings.
Easily bored? Have too much free time? Social media leading you nowhere?
Then we want you!
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have passion, commitment and attitude. And the quirkier you are the better!
No skills? No problem! Skills can be taught, so please come with everything else above. Of course if you have skills, we won’t turn you away.
Why work with us? Because we have:
1) Development opportunities (to work on a range of different shows)
2) Fun, Inclusive and Passionate Atmosphere
3) Perks and Benefits that go beyond statutory requirements (leave, medical, insurance) with some additional freebies because we care:
- Free Jokes & Swearing
- Free Pandan Cake (sometimes only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
We are looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs as well as office procedures.
As we are a small company of 12 full-time staff, situated at 2 locations (Corporate Office & Studio), the Office Manager and HR Manager roles have been combined into one full-time position, HR Generalist. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Your role as an HR Generalist will be far from one-dimensional.
HR Generalists should have broad knowledge of human resources and office management functions. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Generalist job description.
Ultimately you will ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
• Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes (shortlisting, job ads etc)
• Facilitate team heads interviews with shortlisted candidates
• Conduct employee onboarding and plan/oversee office training & development (specific production-roles training & development will be handled by the respective team heads)
• Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics (leave, grievance etc.)
• Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
• Administer benefit plans (in-house or off-site activities, celebrations, workshops etc.)
• Develop and implement human resource policies/initiatives, aligned with overall business strategy
• Gather and analyse data (HR metrics)
• Manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
• Organize monthly probation performance reviews, bi-annual employee performance reviews and annual management performance reviews
• Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper formats
• Ensure compliance with labour regulations
• Nurture a positive working environment
• Serve as the point person for duties at the Office and Studio, including maintaining Office/Studio condition, supplies, equipment and errands/vendors (purchases, repairs, servicing, cleaning, IT etc.)
• Organize office operations and procedures (Handbooks etc.)
• Manage G&A budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
• Provide general support to visitors
• Address queries regarding office issues (stationery, hardware, travel etc.)
• Proven experience as an HR Generalist
• Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
• Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
• Good knowledge of employment/labour laws
• Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) will be a plus
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Aptitude in problem-solving and attention to detail
• Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
• BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field
• Additional HR / Office Management qualifications will be a plus
• One-month in-house training will be provided to the selected applicant for a deeper understanding of our Film, TV and Online industry (media) as well as Hoods Inc. Productions working style and culture