SIAS is a Charity and an Institution of Public Character (IPC), and one of the largest organized investor group in Asia, with almost 71,000 retail investors as members. It is run by an elected Management Committee comprising of professionals who are volunteers. It actively promotes Investor Education, Corporate Governance and Transparency and is the advocate for Investor rights in Singapore.
To-date, SIAS has successfully organized over 1000 investor education programmes ranging from basic investment seminars for novices to certificate courses for investment savvy investors. Thus far, more than 140,000 retail investors have benefited from these programmes that are offered largely free.
Securities Investors Association (Singapore) or SIAS, was founded unexpectedly in June 1999 to champion the CLOB issue. 172,000 retail investors were suddenly stranded when the Malaysian Government froze their investments on Malaysian stocks in September 1998, amounting to US$5 billion. A group of civic-minded citizens lead by Mr David Gerald got together and took on the challenge to help free the frozen shares with an initial backing by 49,880 retail investors as members of the non-profit organisation. Their resoluteness and unity helped to resolve the issue on our terms.
Members are educated on the features of investment products, and the attendant risks involved in each product. Investors are taught to make informed decisions on investing. SIAS is able to provide a variety of investor education programmes to its members and the investing community at large through collaborative arrangements with financial institutions and listed companies interested in investor education as part of its corporate social responsibility agenda.
• Career development opportunities and training
• Comprehensive medical and staff benefits
• Work life balance and caring work environment
• Friendly with great team work as the backbone of the work culture
Working in the Marketing team, the incumbent will work closely with the Senior Executive, Marketing and assist to support the marketing efforts for the Association and help grow the subscriber base.
• Plan and implement marketing plans to drive registrations for our initiatives and programmes, mainly investor education events and webinars
• Assist in the creation of content and copy write for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
• Assist in conceptualising and doing basic design for marketing collaterals and adaptations
• Support in improving the user experience for website visitors
• Prepare weekly or monthly event marketing reports for management
• Support the marketing team in admin matters, such as raising purchase requests and email management
• Diploma or Degree in Communications or Marketing or Business with at least 1 year experience in Marketing or Events and/or relevant fields.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
• A good understanding of email marketing, social media and google analytics
• Good in copywriting, creative writing and storytelling skills
• Basic knowledge in photo/video editing tools and familiarity with Canva and MailChimp will be an added advantage
• Excellent in oral and written command of the English language is essential, proficiency in Chinese language will be an added advantage
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply!