SIAS is a Charity and an Institution of Public Character (IPC), and one of the largest organized investor group in Asia, with almost 71,000 retail investors as members. It is run by an elected Management Committee comprising of professionals who are volunteers. It actively promotes Investor Education, Corporate Governance and Transparency and is the advocate for Investor rights in Singapore.
To-date, SIAS has successfully organized over 1000 investor education programmes ranging from basic investment seminars for novices to certificate courses for investment savvy investors. Thus far, more than 140,000 retail investors have benefited from these programmes that are offered largely free.
Securities Investors Association (Singapore) or SIAS, was founded unexpectedly in June 1999 to champion the CLOB issue. 172,000 retail investors were suddenly stranded when the Malaysian Government froze their investments on Malaysian stocks in September 1998, amounting to US$5 billion. A group of civic-minded citizens lead by Mr David Gerald got together and took on the challenge to help free the frozen shares with an initial backing by 49,880 retail investors as members of the non-profit organisation. Their resoluteness and unity helped to resolve the issue on our terms.
Members are educated on the features of investment products, and the attendant risks involved in each product. Investors are taught to make informed decisions on investing. SIAS is able to provide a variety of investor education programmes to its members and the investing community at large through collaborative arrangements with financial institutions and listed companies interested in investor education as part of its corporate social responsibility agenda.
• Career development opportunities and training
• Comprehensive medical and staff benefits
• Work life balance and caring work environment
• Friendly with great team work as the backbone of the work culture.
• Assist in organising and planning Association’s events from conception to completion in the form of physical, hybrid and virtual events
• Use and manage digital platforms e.g Zoom Webinar to execute virtual events. Those with knowledge and experience will be an added advantage
• Research, innovate and seek out new ways for organising events
• Work with the marketing team to develop marketing campaigns for assigned events and ensure the events are well-attended
• Source for vendors/suppliers based on events’ requirements
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, vendors/suppliers for the execution of assigned events
• Generate post-event report, income and expenditure statement of the assigned events
• Organising logistics, delivery, and managing the events inventory
• Speakers and delegates’ management for events
• Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
• Diploma or Degree, preferably in Event Management, Mass Comm / PR / Marketing / Business
• At least 1 year of working experience preferred (fresh graduates are welcome)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Meticulous, able to multi-task, self-driven, and has a positive learning attitude
• Able to work independently under pressure and result-oriented
• Good team player
• Bilingual in English and preferably in Mandarin (Required to liaise with mandarin speaking corporates and delegates)
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply!