I am Sagar, born and bred in Nepal. Currently, in Japan working as a Software Engineer for beBit Inc on a product called USERGRAM
I write here https://sagargiri.com/
I am from Nepal. I am currently working in Japan as a software engineer for the reputed company beBit, Inc.
◆ About beBit and USERGRAM
beBit is a User Experience and User-Centric Design services company. Our corporate philosophy is“Contributing to society by delivering an easy in use service and product for our customers, through analyzing users' behavior”.
USERGRAM is our fast-paced flagship SaaS product, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies. We are constantly optimizing and improving it and evolving it, and making it effortless to use and understand for an independent individual.
Currently, more than 130 corporations use USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people. These numbers are rapidly rising every year. By focusing on the User Interface and User Experience, we make the usage of USERGRAM and the analysis of users feel intuitive.
At the end of July 2020, we raised 2.5 billion yen and we plan to embark on overseas development of USERGRAM in China and Taiwan.
◆ Challenges that USERGRAM faces:
・Large offline data import processes, with latency constraints.
・Near real-time processing of large datasets.
・Data analytics of even greater volumes of data.
・Processing bulk data through Machine Learning algorithms for clustering, and predictions.
・Processing hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
・Constantly think, PoC and implement new solutions to onboard new customers in the continuously growing DX market.
Today, when various digital technologies such as AI and IoT are drastically changing our society, economy, and lifestyle. You could say that we live in an era of digital overlapping, where "digital encompasses everything. The evolution of digital technology is accelerating at an unstoppable pace.
In such an environment, companies are forced to redesign themselves to fit the digital age (digital transformation).
All actions will be converted into data in some form or another and will be utilized in an online competitive principle that transcends physical limitations.
beBit believes that the O2O (Online to Offline) concept, which considers online and offline as separate entities and tries to connect them, has already become obsolete, and that we are moving into the OMO (Online Merges Offline) era, which considers digital and real as one platform.
The scalability of technology increases the convenience of people and improves the value of their experience. In other words, under the OMO concept, all businesses will shift from being product-based to being experience-based and will become more like social infrastructure.
In other words, companies need to redefine "products, services, and promotions" as "experiences that blend into the lives of users regardless of whether they are digital or real". By supporting "experience design," we strive to create a "better society" for both companies and consumers.
◆ The dev team at beBit
We are 30+ talented IT Engineers from 9 different countries, who are responsible for our flagship product USERGRAM. We are organized as scrum teams with self-reliable and cross-functional features and aim to use the latest technologies/approaches and find simple solutions for complex problems.
◆ Why are we hiring?
Our client base is increasing every year, and our data volume is growing every month. We need to keep maintaining the performance while improving and adding new functionalities. Also, as we have aggressive business goals, we need more great talents to join us to grow together.
◆ What makes this position stand out
Directly affects the experience of many users
- Many of our clients are large companies, so the service operation measures that they plan using USERGRAM will affect a large number of end-users. One new feature we develop can improve the quality of the experience for so many users.
You can enjoy change and gain a wide range of skills
- Since its start, beBit has focused on rapid hypothesis testing through prototyping. This style has permeated the company's culture, and the development cycle and technologies used within the team are also changing rapidly. Especially in data pipelines and infrastructure, the technology stack is rapidly changing to more modern ones, and the work environment is becoming more and more interesting. Trying to change yourself and your surroundings is always encouraged.
You can work in a diverse team
- The development team consists of members from about 10 different countries. We all work together as one team through trial and error.
We value psychological safety
- You can experience growing a product by working as one team, regardless of whether you're in development or in a business team. You can also discuss high-level technology in a positive manner.
Check our blog to learn more about our team.
(All translated into English)
As an Engineering HR Manager, your mission is to:
● Plan and recruit through direct recruiting and agents
● Responsible for the end to end recruitment cycle
● Manage the Agent Relationship
● Analyze the industry developments, trends, and formulate more efficient processes.
● Problem-solve and make decisions quickly and effectively; ability to confront problems directly and bring them to effective resolution
Your job description is to:
● Develop recruitment plans based on personnel plans
● Plan the recruitment process and onboarding process
● Execute recruitment practices (candidate group creation , interviews, offer meetings, etc.)
● Build relationships with external partners
● Support for onboarding and career development of engineers
Our ideal candidate profile:
● Strongly relate to our mission and USERGRAM's product vision and willing to work together to achieve growth
● Interested in building an organization in which engineers from diverse backgrounds can work together while deepening mutual understanding
Your Skills and experience that we look for:
● 3+ years of in-house technical recruitment experience with, ability to work in an agile work environment with changing priorities
● Experience in recruitment life-cycle, including:
○ Sourcing (using LinkedIn, Job Boards, Others)
○ Conducting and managing interviews
○ Offer Negotiations
○ Onboarding support
● Language skills : Business Level Japanese, and Business Level English
● Strong critical thinking skills; ability to understand and set priorities and make trade-offs as priorities change
● Strong working knowledge and experience of Google Workspace and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Agent Management
● On top of all, we are looking for great minds that can relate to our vision for USERGRAM
● Experience implementing established methodologies for coaching, mentoring and skills development
● Experience in creating an organization where employees from diver