HR Manager of Fundnel Group
Fundnel Group is one of Southeast Asia’s largest marketplace for alternative assets. We aim to expand access to and liquidity in the private capital markets with Fundnel, our private investments technology platform, and Hg Exchange (HGX), Southeast Asia’s largest private digital securities exchange enabling institutions to better serve their investors. To date, the Group has created access to invest in over USD21B worth of private alternative assets.
With Fundnel and HGX, the Group’s purpose is to create a sustainable marketplace with curated investment opportunities in alternative assets, that support a virtuous cycle of private capital growth — including the companies, communities and stakeholders powered by it.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region. and expanded our footprint from our headquarters in Singapore to Malaysia, Indonesia and India. In 2021, we were recognised by Financial Times as the 107th fastest growing company in Asia Pacific, Fintech of the Year by The Asset's Triple A Digital Awards, and 21st fastest growing company in Singapore by The Straits Times.
We are looking for a Head of Compliance to join our growing team in Singapore. This role will be responsible for overseeing the company’s end-to-end compliance function.
Traditionally a space only for the wealthy and well-connected, we believe in a future where private markets are more accessible to investors and fundraisers. By leveling the playing field we hope to create a more equitable economy, where inspiring companies are connected to inspired investors, whoever and wherever they are.
Some of the key responsibilities:
• Lead and drive the compliance function across Fundnel Group, whose businesses include operating a leading marketplace platform as well as a private securities exchange supported by blockchain technology
• Refine, structure and manage and continually improve compliance activities, including monitoring, governance, compliance policies, programs, and advisory work
• Lead and/or contribute to company projects and initiatives involving regulatory compliance
• Keep track of key regulatory changes and work with stakeholders to advise relevant business divisions on the impact on businesses
• Advice to the Group’s products and business propositions, including filing necessary forms/applications with regulators
• Participate in compliance risk assessments (including AML), reporting, reviews, testing, and provide compliance comments/advisory
• Update compliance related documents to reflect latest rules and regulations, industry best practices, and changes to MAS regulations, data protection laws, etc.
• Build and develop compliance policies including AML/CFT Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, and Anti-Corruption & Bribery Policy, Work with the Legal Counsel in all MAS matters, coordinating regulatory inspections, preparing reports, and handling regulatory inquiries, attending to external audit, compiling Suspicious Transaction Reports (“STRs”), etc.
• Conduct regular and timely compliance training for all staff
Who we expect:
• Degree holder or above in legal, business or any related disciplines
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in risk and/or compliance operations/regulatory compliance
• Keen interest and understanding in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology and digital assets
• Quality focused with a passion for continuous improvement in process and procedures
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong team player who is highly motivated, independent and with strong interpersonal skills
Leveraging our trusted brand, global networks and incredible team, we’re building a technology-enabled ecosystem that is as diverse and dynamic as our investor network. As we progress on this ambitious journey, we’re looking for energetic and creative people to support and leave their mark on our platform. Click "I'm interested" to connect with us!