Innovative, analytical and a penchant for connecting with like-minded people, I am an individual that strives towards taking concrete steps towards achieving personal and organizational goals.
Having come from a diverse background in Engineering and Business, I take joy in meeting new people, ex...
Hg Exchange (HGX) is a private exchange formed by an alliance of leading financial intermediaries, individually licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Our technology infrastructure is underpinned by advanced blockchain technology and proven exchange solutions to enable secure and efficient cross-border listing and trading of both digital and non-digital capital market products.
The very first stock exchange was founded in the 1900s. It was member-owned and self-regulated. Over time, it evolved to what we are familiar with today — stock exchanges are private entities driven by profit.
As a consortium-led private exchange, we take a bottom-up approach to build the Exchange of the Future. By uniting financial institutions, broker-dealers, corporate finance advisors, and other leading capital markets entities, HGX offers the most comprehensive network for buyers and sellers in the ecosystem.
Our mission is to create an equitable trading platform by bringing operational transparency, fair competition and cost-efficiency to the private capital markets.
The story behind our name:
Hg is the elemental symbol for Mercury.
Mercury is the sole metallic element that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. It is utilised in thermometers for its trustworthiness and reliability – drawing a parallel to the fundamental ethos of the exchange.
Mercury also refers to the Roman deity who was the messenger to the gods – akin to the role of the exchange which bridges the gap between buyers and sellers to facilitate trade.
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Compliance Manager to join our growing team in Singapore. This role
will be responsible for overseeing the company’s end-to-end compliance function.
The Key Responsibilities you can expect for this role:
• Keep track of key regulatory changes and work with internal stakeholders to advise relevant business divisions on the impact on businesses
• Advise to HGX’s products and business propositions, including filing necessary forms/ applications with regulators
• Participate in compliance risk assessments (including AML), reporting, reviews, testing, and provide compliance comments/advisory
• Work with the Legal Counsel in establishing a compliance monitoring and governance program
• Update compliance-related documents to reflect the latest rules and regulations, industry best practices, and changes to MAS regulations, data protection laws, etc.
• Build and develop compliance policies including AML/CFT Sanctions Policy, Data Protection Policy, and Anti-Corruption & Bribery Policy, Work with the Legal Counsel in all MAS matters, coordinating regulatory inspections, preparing reports, and handling regulatory inquiries, attending to external audit, compiling Suspicious Transaction Reports (“STRs”), etc.
• Conduct regular and timely compliance training for all staff
We want to work with you if you are/have:
• Degree holder or above in legal, business, or any related disciplines
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in risk and/or compliance operations/regulatory compliance
• Keen interest and understanding in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and digital assets
• Quality-focused with a passion for continuous improvement in process and procedures
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong team player who is highly motivated, independent, and with strong interpersonal skills
You’re brilliant. We’re hiring! Grab this opportunity by clicking "I'm interested"!