Keren is in charge of Fundnel's HR.
Fundnel Group is Southeast Asia’s largest marketplace for alternative assets. We aim to expand access to and liquidity in the private capital markets with Fundnel, our private investments technology platform, and Hg Exchange (HGX), Southeast Asia’s largest private digital securities exchange enabling institutions to better serve their investors. To date, the Group has created access to invest in over USD21B worth of private alternative assets.
With Fundnel and HGX, the Group’s purpose is to create a sustainable marketplace with curated investment opportunities in alternative assets, that support a virtuous cycle of private capital growth — including the companies, communities, and stakeholders powered by it.
We are headquartered in Singapore with a growing presence in 4 countries across the Asia Pacific region
Fundnel Group is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as our Group General Counsel based in Singapore. The responsibility that this role entails is providing advice on all legal matters across the group.
You will be involved in:
• Overseeing the delivery of legal and compliance services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities on a group level
• Providing legal and compliance advice to senior management and all internal stakeholders on legal and compliance matters across the jurisdictions/markets we operate in
• Managing and recruiting a team of legal associates and compliance professionals
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, which includes third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
• Reviewing, updating and recommending for approval, standard documentation, in accordance with market and industry practice
• Reviewing and providing recommendations on the legal aspects and considerations for resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
• Monitoring changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments and compliance updates in the jurisdictions we operate in
• Providing time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal and compliance inquiries in all operational aspects
• Identifying and consulting on legal and compliance risks in connection with the company’s developments
• Developing and updating compliance policies and procedures and for compliance-related risk assessment and control evaluations for the different jurisdictions/markets we operate in
You will be a great fit if you:
• Possess a Law degree from a recognized university with at least 8 years’ PQE in private practice or in house
• Are independent, proactive, and decisive
• Articulate, good drafting skills, and highly effective in English
• Have strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations
• Possess a strong understanding of Capital Markets products, regulatory and compliance matters
• Are an effective time manager with the ability to work in a team
• Have a strategic-minded, highly detail-oriented, and strong quantitatively
• Are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-pressure environment
• Have the ability to prioritize effectively and to work under pressure without compromising quality
• Have knowledge and interest in fintech and securities regulations in Singapore and/or in other countries
• Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
Ensuring that company operates within the law at all times, offering counsel on legal issues, creating an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitating business strategies development is a big part of what you'll do. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
If you are ready to meet our team, click "I'm interested" to apply!