FUTURE-PROOF, HUMAN-CENTRIC MARKETING
AKIN designs marketing strategies for a restless digital generation. Positioned at the intersection of data, creative design and contemporary culture, our unique approach to marketing delivers real business impact. AKIN uncovers consumer and cultural truths to help brands articulate their purpose.
We design impact-driven marketing campaigns based on data and sound analysis. With a tech-first mindset, we build digital solutions that bring you closer to your audiences. Above all, our goal is to help brands nurture consumer relationships that will stand the test of time.
Our mission is to build a world of human brands. Being human is at the heart of everything we do.
AKÏN’s vision has always been to build a world of human brands. We think it’s high time businesses prioritise building meaningful relationships with their consumers.
Being human is at the very core of our work. Our team of marketers, creatives, researchers and techies work cross-functionally to solve business challenges in ways that reflect an understanding of the human experience.
As consultants, we’re not afraid to dig deep and ask “why”. Our incisive approach helps brands articulate their purpose and positions them for long-term success.
We complement this by being relentlessly data-informed. Data is a medium for us to learn about human behaviour. Beyond driving performance, our success lies in taking an ethnographic lens to data, using consumer and cultural insights to create effective brand stories.
Positioned at the intersection of data, creative design and contemporary culture, our unique approach to marketing delivers real business impact. Our philosophy of focusing on humans before business, and on relationships before profit, is the bedrock of our success.
Above all, we’re interested in helping brands nurture consumer relationships that stand the test of time.
Client success is our top priority. We believe that our clients’ problems are ours to own and solve, together. We co-create solutions with clients by taking a brief apart and building a new one, together. We’re deeply committed to building long-term relationships with our clients and partners. We don’t just pass the buck after the work is done — we impart critical skills and share our expertise with our clients, creating sustainable, future-proof solutions for their unique business challenges.
We understand that our success is built upon a talented team of believers. We commit to developing our talent and grooming them personally and professionally. From structured coaching programmes to well-stocked pantries, no effort is spared in keeping AKIN folk motivated and happy.
Your key focus as a junior strategist would be to amass the abilities and skill-sets required to execute projects efficiently and to a high standard. You will be an effective team member and work cohesively with others. When you progress to a senior strategist, you will pursue broader knowledge in marketing and business outside of your daily work, to help you develop strategic calls. It is important from the start to develop softer skill-sets (AKÏN Values manifestation) to enable your personal growth and professionalism.
Research and strategy:
- Performs research and analysis on clients and their markets, including customer needs and attitudes
- Able to translate these insights into advertising, brand and creative strategies
- Tracks market trends and customer behavioral shifts, and relates these changes to account team members
- Creates and implements studies to identify potential advantages for clients
- Assists with preparation for pitches and new business opportunities
- Guide internal team to meet clients goals
- Proactive in contribution of ideas within team
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share theirs
- Organise and lead brainstorming sessions with colleagues if necessary
- Able to effectively manage internal resources and have a strong understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses
- Mentoring / training less experienced strategists or fellow teammates to enhance overall work quality
- Leading and dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
- Acts as client contact on daily management of projects and correspondence and maintains professional relationship with clients
- Responsible for status reports and reviews, carrying out budget management and any other client administrative support as required
- Ensures all client requests are met in a timely & service oriented manner
- Remains current on all aspects of client marketing trends and other areas affecting client’s business
- Participates in the creative conceptualisation and development of projects
- Takes charge in developing creative and brand briefs as needed; collaborating and briefing effectively with internal team and external vendors when needed to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Reviews all creative/production material at every stage
- Monitors schedules and advises project team of any delays or changes
- Assists with tactical activities and planning on specific projects
- Participates in the development of internal briefing documents for specified projects
- Manages day-to-day project execution
- Has excellent analytical, communication, project management and organisational skills
- Confident mastery of the English language and marketing terminologies
- Proactive in learning about branding, marketing and tech best practices to enable effective communication across disciplines and strategy
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects; keeps team on track with execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; works well with different personalities and background
- Confident in presentation and working with various stakeholders.
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!