GetSetUp is one of the largest and fastest-growing online communities of older adults who want to learn, connect and do wonderful things. In the 19 months since our founding, we have grown to more than 2.2 million members in 160 countries. The platform offers live classes taught by peers who are experts in their field, social hours hosted by community members, and special events with speakers who directly address areas of interest to older adults. Classes are taught in English, Spanish, Hindi, and Mandarin. We’ve grown to over 150 employees spread across the world with core teams in the U.S., Australia, India, and more sites coming soon.
GetSetUp is on a mission to help a third of the world’s population who are over 55 to learn new skills, connect with others and unlock new life experiences. Older adults have incredible knowledge to share and new mountains (literally and figuratively) to climb, but until now they haven’t had their own place to pursue their passions and continue creating, growing, and giving back.
GetSetUp is a place for active older adults to learn, connect and share with peers in small, intimate classes. Through our website, our community is able to view a wide range of classes from lists such as classes starting shortly, suggested classes, classes hosted by our community members and other guides.
We are looking for retired professionals who'd love to share their hobbies and expertise with peers all around the world. As a Mandarin-Speaking Guide, you teach the topics that you are passionate about and interact with Mandarin-speaking learners all around the world.
We want you:
- You are fluent in Mandarin and in English. Demonstrate expertise and knowledge in your areas, and can teach/present at least two different topics in Mandarin. Topics can be but are not limited to cooking, gardening, fitness, travel, dance, tech-use, photography, handcraft, beauty, etc.
- You are a good communicator and have strong empathy for the learner.
- You know older adults well and are able to teach classes for them (50+ years old).
- You are curious and eager to explore new areas for topics related to interests and passion.
- Technical acumen - Prefer familiarity and experience with Zoom, Google tools.
- Flexible schedule. Work hours will be based on business needs.
- Previous teaching /coaching experience is desired.
- Teach at least 5-10 sessions (1 hour each) per week.
- Attend mandatory GetSetUp training sessions and meetings if scheduled.
- High-speed internet.
- Computer with camera and microphone.
- Quiet, distraction-free workspace with a door you can close.
- Good lighting in the room you will work from.
Find out more about us here!
Mandarin Classes (Take a Class with Us): https://www.getsetup.io/series/mandarin
Facebook Group of Mandarin Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4242204469159673
Are you eager to share your passion with others? Click on the "I'm interested" button to let us know!