Joseph Martin Quiambao VerdejoEngineer/programmer
Sai Heng PeiMarketer
We've built an amazing, experienced team who have background in building global mobile and web platforms. With strong experience in growing startups and having received over $90M in funding for prior startups, Soho is well placed to disrupt the online real estate sector.
Software Engineer experienced in helping startups deliver tech solutions to the market. Passionate about solving problems, developing people, and applying lean and agile principles to daily work. Grounded in the liberal arts and driven to make software solutions that create human impact, and to b...
Dedicated to understanding customer acquisition and retention efforts, through rigorous technical discipline, daring hypotheses, roll-up-your-sleeves execution excellence. I strive to approach demand and supply generation in innovative and surprising ways.
Soho is a real estate marketplace where we connect property seekers, sellers, renters, and agents alike using profile matching and tailored search algorithms. We match property seeker profiles to properties via our interactive Property Match feature, also known as the “tinder for real estate”. There is currently a huge opportunity for us to grow our product and capabilities with the use of data. We are a free platform where users can connect directly with the real estate community, allowing them to stay on top of the market trends, follow real estate industry leaders and get real-time property alerts of newly listed properties in areas of interest.
We are a venture-backed business including Australian and international VCs. We have an experienced founding team and have grown to 500K users per month on the platform as well as acquiring competitors into our business.
The online property industry has not evolved in over a decade and is still a pay-to-list classifieds based industry. Properties are shown to you in the way that portals are paid to show you, not by how you want to see them. The more they are paid, they higher up properties appear in the search results. This isn’t what consumers want or even want agents want as they want to get in front of the right audience, not just any audience.
Soho is changing the game by not only being a free property listing platform, but also by allowing you to choose what properties you want to see and how you want to see them. We have 100,000+ properties listed on the platform already and almost 500,000 users a month, growing quickly in 2021.
All our activities are driven by our core mission statement which helps us prioritise our project priorities.
We’re a team of experienced individuals who are clear on what we need to achieve and by when. We focus on delivering results and ensure we have the discipline to check results after every project. We’re passionate, driven and kick ass as a team.
You will be driving the development of our core products with your expertise in Ruby on Rails development. Your hard work and passion will be key to your success in the role and to Soho's success as a company.
About the Role
Your role will be crucial in enabling our core customer platforms (web, iOS, and Android) and business operations. This will be a fast-paced and collaborative role where you will work closely with the product and development teams. Our team structure gives you room for both creativity and autonomy in terms of technical approach. We build and ship fast with product iterations every two weeks.
Our core application stack includes:
● Ruby on Rails API
● Postgres DB
● Amazon AWS & Heroku
● Build and maintain core applications using engineering best practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
● Create prototypes and proofs-of-concept for potential solutions to demonstrate technical viability of a project, provide code spikes and work load estimates for required tasks.
● Lead rollout of backend-intensive features, and act as subject-matter expert for API consumers.
● Facilitate ground-up and off-the-shelf integrations with third-party partners tools, services, and APIs.
● Provide on-demand support for business operation tools (marketing, BI tools, etc).
● Attend weekly standup meetings and project retrospectives.
● Continuously develop, scale, and optimise the infrastructure stack based on business needs at given time.
● Miscellaneous tasks - You need to be the type of person that will jump into a range of tasks with excitement and as a sense of opportunity.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you are:
● A genuine and communicative people person.
● Have a knack for solving problems through team collaboration.
● Passionate about startups and have a build-fast-and-learn attitude.
● Someone who enjoys challenges and applies critical thinking to complex problems.
● Have proven experience delivering production-grade applications in Ruby on Rails.
● Proficient in web technologies including HTTP, REST framework, API architecture, etc,.
● Have an unparalleled work ethic that does not operate on a punch-the-time-clock mentality.
● Have a growth mindset, always open to giving and receiving feedback to improve outcomes.
● Previous experience in the real-estate industry will be a plus.
● Proficiency in DevOps tools and processes will be a plus.
Sounds like you? Let’s meet! Click on "I'm Interested" so we can set up a time for a chat!