Innovative, analytical and a penchant for connecting with like-minded people, I am an individual that strives towards taking concrete steps towards achieving personal and organizational goals.
Having come from a diverse background in Engineering and Business, I take joy in meeting new people, ex...
Hg Exchange (HGX) is a private exchange formed by an alliance of leading financial intermediaries, individually licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Our technology infrastructure is underpinned by advanced blockchain technology and proven exchange solutions to enable secure and efficient cross-border listing and trading of both digital and non-digital capital market products.
The very first stock exchange was founded in the 1900s. It was member-owned and self-regulated. Over time, it evolved to what we are familiar with today — stock exchanges are private entities driven by profit.
As a consortium-led private exchange, we take a bottom-up approach to build the Exchange of the Future. By uniting financial institutions, broker-dealers, corporate finance advisors, and other leading capital markets entities, HGX offers the most comprehensive network for buyers and sellers in the ecosystem.
Our mission is to create an equitable trading platform by bringing operational transparency, fair competition and cost-efficiency to the private capital markets.
The story behind our name:
Hg is the elemental symbol for Mercury.
Mercury is the sole metallic element that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. It is utilised in thermometers for its trustworthiness and reliability – drawing a parallel to the fundamental ethos of the exchange.
Mercury also refers to the Roman deity who was the messenger to the gods – akin to the role of the exchange which bridges the gap between buyers and sellers to facilitate trade.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer responsible for developing the HGX Platform for the next phase of growth along with our vision.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform these roles and undertake these responsibilities:
● Write or review code for various products
● Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of all products while collaborating with the rest of the member
firms’ engineering team on integration to design and launching of new features
● Maintain code integrity and organization with a good understanding and execution of security and data
● Exploring and integration of third-party APIs
● Need to have in-depth knowledge in design, build and maintain the software development pipeline
● Conduct regular feedback reviews, assist in tech operations, facilitate standards and quality within the team
and reduce technical debt
● Keep an eye out for upcoming trends and their applicability to our technology in strengthening our product
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and experiences:
● Full-stack development experience
● At least 6-9 years of software development experience.
● Strong knowledge in backend development using one of the following is a must:
● Ruby on Rails or Node.js or Java
● Solid front-end development experience, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, responsive web design
● Experience building REST APIs and integrating multiple systems, token authentication.
● Experience in building and maintaining relational databases, implementing analytics.
● Experience with unit testing, Selenium, and TDD-based development.
● Understanding of DevOps (git, Jenkins ) to build, deploy and maintain server infrastructure
Also good to have:
● Front end development experience with React / Angular
● Experience with assets and dependency management using webpack, npm, composer, word press
● Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience with caching practices, Memcache, Redis, web server cache policies
You’re brilliant. We’re hiring! Click "I'm Interested" to apply and visit Hg Exchange to meet with the team!