Innovative, analytical, and a penchant for connecting with like-minded people, I am an individual that strives towards taking concrete steps towards achieving personal and organizational goals.
Having come from a diverse background in Engineering and Business, I take joy in meeting new people, e...
Hg Exchange (HGX) is a private exchange formed by an alliance of leading financial intermediaries, individually licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Our technology infrastructure is underpinned by advanced blockchain technology and proven exchange solutions to enable secure and efficient cross-border listing and trading of both digital and non-digital capital market products.
The very first stock exchange was founded in the 1900s. It was member-owned and self-regulated. Over time, it evolved to what we are familiar with today — stock exchanges are private entities driven by profit.
As a consortium-led private exchange, we take a bottom-up approach to build the Exchange of the Future. By uniting financial institutions, broker-dealers, corporate finance advisors, and other leading capital markets entities, HGX offers the most comprehensive network for buyers and sellers in the ecosystem.
Our mission is to create an equitable trading platform by bringing operational transparency, fair competition and cost-efficiency to the private capital markets.
The story behind our name:
Hg is the elemental symbol for Mercury.
Mercury is the sole metallic element that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. It is utilised in thermometers for its trustworthiness and reliability – drawing a parallel to the fundamental ethos of the exchange.
Mercury also refers to the Roman deity who was the messenger to the gods – akin to the role of the exchange which bridges the gap between buyers and sellers to facilitate trade.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Legal and Compliance Officer based in Singapore!
What you will do?
- Oversee delivery of legal and compliance services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities
- Provide legal support and advice to senior management, working committees, and all internal stakeholders on legal and compliance matters
- Draft, review and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, which includes third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, transaction-related agreements, and marketing collaterals
- Review and provide recommendations on the legal aspects and considerations for resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Manage and maintain company policies, procedures, and standards related to legal and compliance matters
- Monitor changes to the regulatory landscape and proactively provide stakeholders with compliance updates
- Provide support on related regulatory matters to Member Firms and liaise with regulators on regulatory queries and audits
- Provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal and compliance inquiries in all operational aspects
- Identify and consult on legal and compliance risks in connection with the company’s developments
- Lead or support other projects and tasks as may be required from time to time
Who we are looking for?
- Possess a Law degree from a recognized university with at least 4 to 6 years’ post-qualification legal experience
- High degree of independence, initiative, and decisiveness
- Articulate, good drafting skills, and highly effective in English
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment
- Be an effective time manager with the ability to work in a team
- Strategic-minded, highly detail-oriented, and strong quantitatively
- Able to work independently and enjoy working in a team
- Interested and flexible to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Self-motivated, energetic, and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-pressure environment
- Knowledge and interest in fintech and securities regulations in Singapore and in other countries
- Well versed in corporate law and procedures.
You’re brilliant. We’re hiring! Come visit Hg Exchange, click "I'm Interested" to apply!