Glocalize works with storytellers to leap over these cultural and linguistic hurdles together and let our media users focus on the message. We aim to bring the world together by empowering stories.
"Bring the world together by empowering stories."
We believe that one day, unnecessary conflicts among people or nations can be prevented when we all can laugh and cry together by sharing each other's stories. "World Peace" is such a vast mission for a generation can achieve, but we will continue to try from what we can do the best. That starts with media contents and languages.
In 2016, Glocalize was born in Hollywood by translating entertainment contents. We had an honor to work with great creators from a short YouTube clip to Cannes movies. Then we have figured about highly fragmented localization industry; inefficiency and irrational system were inevitable. We felt obliged to contribute to make it better for the industry we so love.
In 2018, we began to gather team members to solve this challenge. We establish our 2nd office in Seoul. More team members joined and started to think and plan to solve the challenge together.
In 2019, Singapore branch office was established to solve challenge together in the APAC. Based on our localization expertise, we're consolidating business bases in the region.
In 2021, Glocalize has launched its first official Beta version (not in Korea yet) and we're now inviting all positions to join our rapid growing team.
Glocalize team is here to unlock full potentials of people who has a language(s), aka everyone.
#GLOCALIZE HAS MISSIONS TO ACCOMPLISH
To create a healthy ecosystem in localization and contents industries
- Contents and stories (or languages) are deeply intertwined. Glocalizers connect stories through 53 languages. We retell the stories, it's beyond converting languages and letters, it's about presenting the experiences into another culture.
To communicate beyond a language(s)
- A language isn't always a spoken language with a national flag attached. Accessibility is another form of a language. People with physical challenges have different languages and we contemplate how to overcome the barriers for them in stories. We want to create a world where people with/without physical challenges can laugh and cry together.
To expand market and bring more opportunities to share
- As long as you have a language you communicate with, you can hone your skills to make it as your career. We want to live in a world where our parents generations, next generations, people with moving limitation can contribute to the active market.
We are searching for a motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting Lead with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel, Google Sheets, Zoho, and Quickbooks. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized. Please note that this is a fully remote position, but ideal candidates should have availability to work between 9am-6pm Pacific Standard Time.
- Providing support to the Accounting Lead on a daily basis.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as, data entry, corroborating remittance reports, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via email regarding billing and payments.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Associate’s degree in related field with work experience.
(More education, experience, or additional certifications and licenses may be required.)
- Full working proficiency with computers, bookkeeping and payment software, including Quickbooks, MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc. Experience with Zoho, Transferwise, Paypal, and international wire platforms is preferred.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and proactive
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!