Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Glocalize works with storytellers to leap over these cultural and linguistic hurdles together and let our media users focus on the message. We aim to bring the world together by empowering stories.
"Bring the world together by empowering stories."
We believe that one day, unnecessary conflicts among people or nations can be prevented when we all can laugh and cry together by sharing each other's stories. "World Peace" is such a vast mission for a generation can achieve, but we will continue to try from what we can do the best. That starts with media contents and languages.
In 2016, Glocalize was born in Hollywood by translating entertainment contents. We had an honor to work with great creators from a short YouTube clip to Cannes movies. Then we have figured about highly fragmented localization industry; inefficiency and irrational system were inevitable. We felt obliged to contribute to make it better for the industry we so love.
In 2018, we began to gather team members to solve this challenge. We establish our 2nd office in Seoul. More team members joined and started to think and plan to solve the challenge together.
In 2019, Singapore branch office was established to solve challenge together in the APAC. Based on our localization expertise, we're consolidating business bases in the region.
In 2021, Glocalize has launched its first official Beta version (not in Korea yet) and we're now inviting all positions to join our rapid growing team.
Glocalize team is here to unlock full potentials of people who has a language(s), aka everyone.
#GLOCALIZE HAS MISSIONS TO ACCOMPLISH
To create a healthy ecosystem in localization and contents industries
- Contents and stories (or languages) are deeply intertwined. Glocalizers connect stories through 53 languages. We retell the stories, it's beyond converting languages and letters, it's about presenting the experiences into another culture.
To communicate beyond a language(s)
- A language isn't always a spoken language with a national flag attached. Accessibility is another form of a language. People with physical challenges have different languages and we contemplate how to overcome the barriers for them in stories. We want to create a world where people with/without physical challenges can laugh and cry together.
To expand market and bring more opportunities to share
- As long as you have a language you communicate with, you can hone your skills to make it as your career. We want to live in a world where our parents generations, next generations, people with moving limitation can contribute to the active market.
We are looking for a passionate Localization Project Assistant, who will help with many projects from conception to completion. Great communication skills and the ability to maintain tight relationships across a broad set of partners and clients are crucial for this position. Experience working with international teams and a track record of excellent customer service are huge pluses as well. You will report directly to your Project Manager(s).
Through excellent communication, organization, and knowledge of content localization and its associated workflows, this individual will ensure that projects are optimized, documented, catalogued, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with localizing content on a global scale.
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Quality Manager and lead Project Manager(s).
- Assisting with localization projects according to the PM’s instruction. This will include working closely with our clients, internal team (based in Korea, Singapore, and the US) as well as our translation freelancers.
- Helping monitor projects to meet deadline and quality requirements.
- Collaborating with our team members to create, implement and maintain appropriate client- or project-specific procedures, solutions, and instructions.
- Working closely with external and internal language service providers to ensure on-time, high-quality translation delivery.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks in tight timeframes, while maintaining accuracy and quality
- Proficiency in Memsource, MemoQ, SDL Trados, and Google Suite
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, and a collaborative, positive spirit
- Fast learner with a sense of responsibility
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- Dubbing project management experience would be a big plus
- At least 2 years experience in localization is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and proactive
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
CV/Resume (Portfolio) → Interview 1 → (Test) → Interview 2 → Final decision
*Portfolio and Test are applicable to the positions with labels "Portfolio Required" & "Test required".
*Email Subject: Please put [Position] in front of your subject line. Ex.[Project Manager]
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!