Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Glocalize works with storytellers to leap over these cultural and linguistic hurdles together and let our media users focus on the message. We aim to bring the world together by empowering stories.
"Bring the world together by empowering stories."
We believe that one day, unnecessary conflicts among people or nations can be prevented when we all can laugh and cry together by sharing each other's stories. "World Peace" is such a vast mission for a generation can achieve, but we will continue to try from what we can do the best. That starts with media contents and languages.
In 2016, Glocalize was born in Hollywood by translating entertainment contents. We had an honor to work with great creators from a short YouTube clip to Cannes movies. Then we have figured about highly fragmented localization industry; inefficiency and irrational system were inevitable. We felt obliged to contribute to make it better for the industry we so love.
In 2018, we began to gather team members to solve this challenge. We establish our 2nd office in Seoul. More team members joined and started to think and plan to solve the challenge together.
In 2019, Singapore branch office was established to solve challenge together in the APAC. Based on our localization expertise, we're consolidating business bases in the region.
In 2021, Glocalize has launched its first official Beta version (not in Korea yet) and we're now inviting all positions to join our rapid growing team.
Glocalize team is here to unlock full potentials of people who has a language(s), aka everyone.
#GLOCALIZE HAS MISSIONS TO ACCOMPLISH
To create a healthy ecosystem in localization and contents industries
- Contents and stories (or languages) are deeply intertwined. Glocalizers connect stories through 53 languages. We retell the stories, it's beyond converting languages and letters, it's about presenting the experiences into another culture.
To communicate beyond a language(s)
- A language isn't always a spoken language with a national flag attached. Accessibility is another form of a language. People with physical challenges have different languages and we contemplate how to overcome the barriers for them in stories. We want to create a world where people with/without physical challenges can laugh and cry together.
To expand market and bring more opportunities to share
- As long as you have a language you communicate with, you can hone your skills to make it as your career. We want to live in a world where our parents generations, next generations, people with moving limitation can contribute to the active market.
- Managing localization projects from beginning to end, working closely with clients, linguists, TAD team, Quality Enhancement team, external vendors and other departments
- Experiences in game, website and mobile app localization
- Working closely with external and internal language service providers to ensure on-time, high-quality translation delivery
- Developing and executing project plans and workflows, managing time, budget, resources and quality control
- Creating and managing internal version of localization project plans, and providing project specific education to TAD and Quality Enhancement teams
- Identifying and solving localization issues or disagreements, whether system or product, identifying causes and performing corrective/preventative action
- Managing team’s compliance with standards, practices and policies. Assigning and monitoring project team members’ work when necessary
- Directing team’s deliveries to timelines and product quality, including responsiveness and professionalism towards clients
- Leading project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, issue solving and performing post-mortems
- Ensuring meetings are recorded and minutes distributed, managing the delivery of agreed upon action items
- Continually expanding knowledge and education in localization trends and news, keeping up to date through active participation in training opportunities
- Training new members of the Localization team as needed
- Creating methodologies, tools, and checklists to improve the project management process
- 7+ years of experience managing content localization
- Prior experience managing and leading teams in the marketing or localization space
- Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding subtitling and dubbing in international markets
- A proven track record of identifying tooling and workflow solutions and operational efficiencies
- Vendor-management experience, with a proven ability to set expectations and hold vendors accountable to KPIs
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for the localization team
- Inspire your team to constantly innovate and automate the work they are managing
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, small-team environment
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Fast learner with a sense of responsibility
- Dubbing project management experience is a big plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Quality and detail-oriented
- Self-starter and proactive
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven abilities in project planning, resource and risk management
- Strong team player in a multi-language/multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in CAT tools (Trados, MemoQ, Memsource) are required
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!