Furen International School (FIS) is established as a Preparatory School in 2000. Originally started as a School to prepare students for the Singapore’s GCE O-Level Examinations, we have since expanded to several other courses. All our courses however have a singular purpose – to prepare students for university. There are two qualities that are necessary.
Academic success in is a MUST and the qualification to gain entry into FIS is a motivated student that possesses perseverance and industriousness. To achieve academic success, we interact closely with our students. The Principal, Vice-Principal, Form Teacher, Student Affairs Teachers and Student Development Manager, all of them are actively involved in student’s performance. And for students who are academically strong, we encourage the student to supplement their current studies with extra coursework.
Step 2 requires exposure, in that students partake in social causes to broaden their horizons. We participate in many programmes, one example is the twice yearly Cambodia Trip organized by the School’s 108th Boys’ Brigade Company and 89th Girls’ Brigade Company.
The School encourages dreamers! To rise above the ordinary is not just a motto but our raison d’etre. To get into the top universities; a good application profile has to include both academic and non-academic achievements. We have a good relationship with consultants and application specialists who actively discover a student’s dreams and work closely together with them in achieving that dream.
We aim to be Asia’s most influential Preparatory Education Institution by helping our students secure admissions to world-renowned institutions.
To provide quality education and to secure entry to world-renowned universities.
F – Focus (to be focused on our dreams and goals)
I – Industrious (to be industrious, diligent and hardworking in tasks that we set ourselves)
S – Share (to share openly and willingly)
Gratitude and Reciprocity. Be grateful and repay those who have contributed in one’s life.
Rise Above the Ordinary
FIS is always innovating, always progressing. We set up an Online Bridging Programme to help our academically weaker students. We will persevere and ensure that ALL our students are able to get into the top universities.
What You'll Be Doing:
1. Front desk duties including answering phone calls and emails, responding to parents or students questions and complaints, and walk-in leads through basic troubleshooting or setup processes.
2. Remain as point of contact when assigned students are in Singapore.
3. Support student-related services such as counselling of students, reporting and relaying students’ progress and well-being to school and parents.
4. Excellent organizational, administrative, data entry and software skills.
5. Some relevant work experience in the education/training industry is preferred; fresh graduates may be considered.
6. Good verbal and written communication skills, especially Mandarin.
7. Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!