Magnetite Singapore is an exciting start-up in the construction industry, supplying retrofit double glazing to existing windows to reduce noise and heat transmission.
Magnetite® was developed by Kenneth J. Foster, an energy physicist, in conjunction with the M.I.T. Innovation Center. Mr. Foster was inspired by acrylic windows used on jet airplanes and the tight magnetic seals of refrigerator doors. He combined the concepts to create the patented Magnetite technology that allows you to receive all the benefits of double glazing without replacing your windows.
Originating in North America, Magnetite is now offered in the USA, Canada, Australia,New Zealand and with the arrival in Singapore for the first time also in Asia. Magnetite is in Singapore exclusively offered in license by PLACE SOLUTIONS PTE LTD. Place Solutions aspires to be a force for positive change in everything that we do. At the core of our product solutions stands our guiding principle: financial, social and environmental sense.
Magnetite fits perfect into our portfolio as it is half the cost of a full window replacement to a soundproof system, increases the comfort of the inhabitants and saves energy when installed. Magnetite Singapore Pte Ltd is part of the Magnetite Australia franchise network.
Our unique system allows for upgrading and modernisation of existing building stock without the need for major renovation or interruption of home or business life. It is suitable in cases where no other system can work, like for sliding windows and doors.
We look to make people's lives more comfortable and enjoyable. Noise travelling through windows can negatively impact the quality of life of the residents, affecting their sleep and state of mind. We offer available solution to upgrade existing windows and are therefore the perfect solutions for Singapore's many condominiums.
For us the human being comes first - that is true for our team members as well as our clients. We pride ourselves to offer clients advise on the best solution for their problem - even if that should not be our product. We work mostly from home and give all team members a high level of autonomy.
We are growing and are looking for a new Sales Estimator to join our expanding team.
Our Estimators visit prospective clients for pre-arranged site assessments in their homes to explain our product, take measurements and provide quotations.
Confidence with a measuring tape, interest in an architectural product and a desire to provide the best possible solution to clients are essential characteristics for this role. Reliability, an eye for detail, and great listening skills while enjoying face-to-face interactions with people are also highly desirable.
While winning deals is clearly an important part of this role, we are not looking for a “closing shark”. We strongly believe in offering our clients the best possible advice and if in their case our product is not the right choice for their needs, we will tell them. Due to our unique approach and culture, prior sales experience is not mandatory to be considered for this opening as full training will be given. At the same time, a can-do, pro-active, and self-starter mindset is required in a start-up such as ours.
Although the construction industry tends to be digitally conservative, we strive to continuously innovate with the use of technology, not only for sales and marketing but in all our processes to enable flexible working and going paperless for all office staff.
This role could be part-time to begin with or operate on a job-share basis (if desired). The working hours are flexible and are split between work from home and site visits. Due to the nature of work, a willingness to do site assessments in the evening and on Saturday is a must.
• Customer site visits demonstrating our products, answering customer questions, and providing quotations
• Taking site measurements and liaising with Operations on production specifications
• Keeping of meticulous records in CRM system
• Supporting Marketing Manager in Sales Campaigns
• Ad-hoc duties assigned by Managing Director.
Skills and Requirements:
• Solution-orientated and skilled in creative problem-solving. Dedicated to finding the best solution for the client
• Punctual, self-disciplined, and happy to work with minimal supervision
• Great communicator virtually and in-person
• Eye for technical details, with strong spatial awareness
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written), additional local language a plus
• Comfortable working with different technologies (measuring tape, apps, smartphone, laptop)
• Interested in a technical product in the construction industry
• Collaborative and a team player – the right candidate is flexible and happy to lend a hand wherever necessary in a growing company
• Excited to work in a start-up environment and willing to make decisions (sense of ownership)
• Eligible to work in Singapore without work pass.
• This is a permanent full-time role (part-time start or job sharing possible)
• Working from home in addition to island-wide site visits
• Flexible working hours with an average 2-4 site visits per day, 5 days a week (incl. most Saturdays). Working only evenings and Saturday on part-time basis possible.
Are you the Estimator that Magnetite needs? Click on "I'm Interested" now to apply and chat with us!