Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry. Having dipped her toes in creative advertising, market research and video production, Charmaine is currently part of the Employer Branding & Rec...
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
Get to know our Team:
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is a leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Role:
- Reporting to the Financial controller this role will be responsible for establishing, testing and maintaining accounting and controls related policies, processes and systems for the Digibank
- Design and implement Finance processes and systems for accounting and reporting (Chart of Accounts, integrity of GL and other financial systems)
- Design and implement financial control systems and processes to ensure integrity of financials
- Monthly closing of books and ensuring that all elements of the bank’s financials are captured accurately and adhere to accounting standards. This includes processing of journals, completion of reconciliations/substantiations, monitoring of fixed assets etc.
- Responsible for prepayments, accruals, reconciliations, substantiation and other monthly financial control assurance processes required to ensure controls are effective and operate in line with policy requirements
- Ensure accounting and controllership policies remain relevant and up to date
- Continual assessment of processes, outputs and controls to progress the function toward best practice operational excellence
- Assist with year-end audit/liaison, financial and management reporting and other ad hoc-assignments as required
The must haves:
- You have the Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility required to work at Digibank.
- You have at least 5 years experience in banking, are a Qualified accountant (CA/CPA/ACCA or other professional accounting accreditation)
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of general accounting principles (particularly IFRS), practices and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willing to take on new challenges and be adaptive to a fast-growing and dynamic start-up environment
- Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and tight schedules, cope with several tasks simultaneously, and be deadline oriented
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments and problem solver in a complex environment
- Structured thought process, self-initiative, and strong analytical abilities
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties
Join Grab on an incredible mission, click "I'm interested"!