Set up by the Ministry of Health under MOH Holdings in 2015, Vanguard Healthcare aims to contribute to the growth and development of eldercare services in Singapore.
Beyond operating eldercare facilities, our mission is to encourage a spirit of innovation, develop manpower capability as well as evolve new models of care. We aim to spread good practices, encourage other players to adopt innovations and promote manpower development, so as to benefit the overall eldercare sector and boost its development over time.
Our first nursing home, Pearl’s Hill Care Home, began operations in January 2016. Woodlands Care Home, our second nursing home, began operations in October 2017. Tampines Care Home, the third nursing home, began operations in end August 2018.
Our Shared Beliefs
All staff of Vanguard espouses the Spirit of iCARE and the following shared beliefs:
Integrity and Professionalism - Entrusted with a critical public mission, we must do the right things, do them right, for the right purpose, and with the highest standards of performance;
Compassion - We go the extra mile to care for and respect our residents, clients and colleagues;
Adventurism - We anticipate the future of elderly care and explore new models of care where few innovate;
Resourcefulness - We take initiative to resolve challenges in our workplace by making the most of everyone’s different strengths
Enablement and Teamwork - Together, as a cohesive team, we seek to enable the elderly in the community and embrace the marginalised people in our community to live their lives confidently.
Vanguard’s Spirit of iCARE serves as the bedrock and mindset that we strive to live by to guide and support us in achieving our strategic focus areas and thrusts.
Providing Quality Care
- Work with Senior/Nurse Manager to analyse and evaluate nursing care plan provided for the residents.
- Supervise ward operations for a ward / level to ensure quality delivery of care
- Co-ordinate with Enrolled Nurses to implement care plan such as medication, hygiene care, social and physical activities for the residents.
- Identify symptoms of residents that are related to illnesses and/or decline in functional and cognitive abilities and advocate early medical attention.
- Oversee and ensure there is holistic case management of patients
- Perform incident reporting activities including investigation, report writing and communicating response to the family members involved
- Facilitate and assist in planning of regular ward meetings
- Identify and assess nursing service problems and assist nurse manager in the resolution of the problems
Training & Development
- Mentor and guide Enrolled Nurses, Nursing Aides/ Assistants and Healthcare Assistants in performing their functional duties.
- Participate in relevant quality improvement and assessment activities.
- Conduct regular care conference to ensure there is sharing of knowledge and experience among the nurses and care staff
Administration and Management
- Educate family members of residents on the residents’ health conditions and help them gain understanding on the holistic care provided.
- Ensure all documentation of residents’ case is maintained appropriately.
- Deputise Senior/Nurse Manger in his/her absence
- Any other duty as assigned by the Director of Nursing or Senior/Nurse Manager
- Ensure compliance to operating procedures and policies to maintain quality clinical standards
- Conduct periodical audits (Internal Quality Audit) as well as quality improvement audit to ensure that care staff are performing and meeting clinical standards
- Report discrepancies in nursing procedure and policy to the relevant management staff
- Conduct projects and/or research on current issues and trends in the healthcare sector (e.g. infection control, quality improvement) as assigned by S/NMs
- Play a key role in developing relationships with patient’s family members and facilitate family conferences to ensure high service standards
- Oversee and supervise junior staff (e.g., NA & HCA) to take stock of their capabilities, in order to efficiently leverage on their knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Conduct counselling session for care staff who may be facing trouble with work or have personal issues that might be affecting their work (ad-hoc basis)
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing from an recognised institution as approved by Singapore Nursing Board
- Years of Experience Required
- For Locals: Fresh graduates will be considered.
- Foreigner: Diploma or Degree in Nursing Practice with Nursing Practicing License or related discipline from the country of origin
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply!