Set up by the Ministry of Health under MOH Holdings in 2015, Vanguard Healthcare aims to contribute to the growth and development of eldercare services in Singapore.
Beyond operating eldercare facilities, our mission is to encourage a spirit of innovation, develop manpower capability as well as evolve new models of care. We aim to spread good practices, encourage other players to adopt innovations and promote manpower development, so as to benefit the overall eldercare sector and boost its development over time.
Our first nursing home, Pearl’s Hill Care Home, began operations in January 2016. Woodlands Care Home, our second nursing home, began operations in October 2017. Tampines Care Home, the third nursing home, began operations in end August 2018.
Our Shared Beliefs
All staff of Vanguard espouses the Spirit of iCARE and the following shared beliefs:
Integrity and Professionalism - Entrusted with a critical public mission, we must do the right things, do them right, for the right purpose, and with the highest standards of performance;
Compassion - We go the extra mile to care for and respect our residents, clients and colleagues;
Adventurism - We anticipate the future of elderly care and explore new models of care where few innovate;
Resourcefulness - We take initiative to resolve challenges in our workplace by making the most of everyone’s different strengths
Enablement and Teamwork - Together, as a cohesive team, we seek to enable the elderly in the community and embrace the marginalised people in our community to live their lives confidently.
Vanguard’s Spirit of iCARE serves as the bedrock and mindset that we strive to live by to guide and support us in achieving our strategic focus areas and thrusts.
This is a 1 year contract position. Candidates selected for this position will start off with a 1 year contract. Contract renewal will be subjected to performance.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assist the Ops Support Executive to support the Centre Manager (CM) to ensure smooth delivery of all support services of the Care Home and maintain targeted performance standards.
- Coordinate and execute various operational support services in providing day-to-day operations such as general facility cleanliness and maintenance management, equipment maintenance, food and laundry services for residents, general logistics support, safety and security services.
- Assist to manage the outsourced vendors with the OSE, support the CM in regular performance meetings to ensure that contractors’ performance is up to stipulated service standards.
- Assist the OSE and CM to supervise and work closely with the following staff:
o Facility Assistants and / or outsourced vendors to ensure and upkeep the cleanliness of the general and common areas of the Care Home premise(s).
o Appointed maintenance contractors to provide proper and regular maintenance of all furniture, fixtures and equipment in the Care Home premise(s).
o Security staff or outsourced vendors to ensure physical security of the Care Home premise(s).
o Facility Assistants (Laundry) to ensure and maintain the proper laundering, folding and delivery of resident-related linen, clothing, curtains; maintenance of machinery, and coordinating of transport services to ensure timely exchange and delivery of soiled/clean linen. This includes management of drivers if the Care Home has catered for the headcount.
o Healthcare/Facility Assistants or outsourced food vendors to ensure the safe and proper management, kitchen cleanliness, handling, plating and delivery of food to residents
o Relevant staff on workplace safety and fire safety requirements to ensure compliance to organization and national requirements
- Ensure proper upkeep and maintenance of administrative records for food provision, laundry services, equipment maintenance, workplace and fire safety records.
- Adhere to the procurement protocols for the procurement of equipment, supplies, etc, including preparation of the documentations required for procurement process, taking delivery and entering invoices for claims purposes
- Assist OSE to collate monthly duty roster for the respective section within the operations department, and collate operational statistics and assist in the preparation of reports
- To take on adhoc functions and assists the OSE, CM or DRC in other duties as required.
- Min. Diploma
- Candidates with Good O-Levels or Higher NITEC qualifications can be considered if previously equipped with more than 2 years relevant operations experience performing similar functions.
Years of Experience Required:
- Approx. 1 to 2 years of experience
- Strong preference for background in healthcare operations, facilities management, workplace safety or fire safety.
- Job require frequent carrying of cartons, goods receiving. Strong candidates are welcome.
*Candidates who require work pass are not eligible
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!