Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is one of the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services. This is why we are coming together to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
[Get to know the Role]
- Responsible for supporting day-to-day cyber security operations of Digibank (DB).
- Provide 1st level subject matter expertise to DB’s Incident Management team during emergencies.
- Develop, update and test cyber incident response playbooks and procedures.
[The day-to-day activities]
- Performs monitoring, assessment and analysis on perimeter controls including anomaly detection systems, firewalls and networks.
- Follow predefined actions to handle security alerts including escalating to relevant teams and other support groups.
- Perform assessment and containment phase of vulnerability and threat management processes.
- Plan, develop, update and test incident response playbooks and procedures.
- Support the SOC as a subject matter expert in incident response, orchestration and automation.
- Work with threat intelligence and threat hunting teams to identify suspicious and anomalous activities.
- Monitor, investigate, analyze, and remediate or escalate indications of compromise or breaches impacting systems and applications.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc security incident related metrics.
- Support incident reporting to regulators as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats and trends; as well as establish relationships with other incident response professionals, industry partners and vendors.
- Based on root cause analysis, work with respective team members to create and test countermeasures to mitigate recurring incidents.
- 5+ years experience in security operations/SOC, preferably with incident management experience.
- Experience in the banking industry will be an advantage.
- Familiar with industry-standard security tools: NIDS/HIDS, NIPS/HIPS, WAF, NGFW, AV, FIM, EDR, IPSEC, SSL, SIEM and SOAR.
- Critical thinker who can analyze, contextualize and correlate basic Indicators of Compromise (IOC) on hosts and applications.
- Able to perform basic forensic analysis and triage of hosts which includes examining running processes, network connections, system logs, file system activities, etc for signs of anomalous behavior.
- To serve as the escalation point for the DB CISO team.
- Able to work under pressure during critical situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with peers and stakeholders.
- Able to perform vulnerability assessment and manage such tools/processes.
- Familiarity with penetration testing and red teaming.
- Hold at least one of the following certifications from EC-Council, GIAC and (ISC)² namely CISSP, C|EH, GCIA, CCNA.
Join Grab on an incredible mission - click "I'm Interested"!