Joseph Martin Quiambao VerdejoEngineer/programmer
Sai Heng PeiMarketer
We've built an amazing, experienced team who have background in building global mobile and web platforms. With strong experience in growing startups and having received over $90M in funding for prior startups, Soho is well placed to disrupt the online real estate sector.
Software Engineer experienced in helping startups deliver tech solutions to the market. Passionate about solving problems, developing people, and applying lean and agile principles to daily work. Grounded in the liberal arts and driven to make software solutions that create human impact, and to b...
Dedicated to understanding customer acquisition and retention efforts, through rigorous technical discipline, daring hypotheses, roll-up-your-sleeves execution excellence. I strive to approach demand and supply generation in innovative and surprising ways.
Soho is the LinkedIn for property, the social network & marketplace for real estate where you can browse properties and chat directly with investors, agents, buyers and renters.
We are a completely free platform for listing properties and for property seekers to connect directly with a real estate community, allowing you to stay on top of the market trends, follow real estate influencers and get real time property alerts of newly listed properties in your areas of interest.
The online property industry has not evolved in over a decade and is still a pay-to-list classifieds based industry. We're changing the game by bringing about an evolution to the industry in the same way that LinkedIn evolved the job seeking industry using a social network for professionals.
We feel that finding your dream home should be much easier and that you shouldn't only be limiting your search to only the properties listed on the market at that point in time, but have the ability to reach out to anyone in the network at any time who are looking for properties.
All our activities are driven by our core mission statement which helps us prioritise our project priorities.
We’re a team of experienced individuals who are clear on what we need to achieve and by when. We focus on delivering results and ensure we have the discipline to check results after every project. We’re passionate, driven and kick ass as a team
You will be driving the development of Soho's core products with your expertise in web development. Your hard work and passion will be key to your success in the role and to Soho's success as a company.
About the Role
Your role will be crucial in enabling our core customer platforms (web, iOS, and Android) and business operations. This will be a fast-paced and collaborative role where you will work closely with the product and development teams. Our team structure gives you room for both creativity and autonomy in terms of technical approach. We build and ship fast with product iterations every two weeks.
Our core application stack includes:
● Ruby on Rails API
● Facebook React.js & Redux Saga
● Postgres DB
● Amazon AWS & Heroku
● Native iOS and Android apps
● Build and maintain core applications using engineering best practices throughout the software development lifecycle.
● Create prototypes and proofs-of-concept for potential solutions to demonstrate technical viability of a project, provide code spikes and work load estimates for required tasks.
● Lead rollout of backend-intensive features, and act as subject-matter expert for API consumers.
● Facilitate ground-up and off-the-shelf integrations with third-party partners tools, services, and APIs.
● Provide on-demand support for business operation tools (marketing, BI tools, etc).
● Attend weekly standup meetings and project retrospectives.
● Continuously develop, scale, and optimise the infrastructure stack based on business needs at given time.
● Miscellaneous tasks - You need to be the type of person that will jump into a range of tasks with excitement and as a sense of opportunity.
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you are:
● A genuine and communicative people person.
● Have a knack for solving problems through team collaboration.
● Passionate about startups and have a build-fast-and-learn attitude.
● Someone who enjoys challenges and applies critical thinking to complex problems.
● Have proven experience delivering production-grade applications in Ruby on Rails.
● Proficient in web technologies including HTTP, REST framework, API architecture, etc,.
● Have an unparalleled work ethic that does not operate on a punch-the-time-clock mentality.
● Have a growth mindset, always open to giving and receiving feedback to improve outcomes.
● Previous experience in the real-estate industry will be a plus.
● Proficiency in DevOps tools and processes will be a plus.
Sounds like you? Let’s meet! Click on "I'm Interested" so we can set up a time for a chat!