Hi! I am Joel, currently Employer Branding & Marketing Intern at Grab. :)
Driving Southeast Asia forward with the green dream machine. Communications generalist by nature, currently deepening my roots in Employer Branding. NTU WKWSCI Postgraduate.
Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is one of Southeast Asia's leading superapp that provides everyday services that matter the most to consumers. Through its open platform strategy, Grab works with partners to provide safe, accessible and affordable transport, food, package, grocery delivery, mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
We’re living in exciting times. We want to use technology to rethink how financial services are offered. Grab and Singapore Telecommunications together have recently applied for a digital full banking license in Singapore as a consortium (Grab 60%, Singtel 40%). As Grab and SingTel come together, we have big dreams to unlock the potential of financial inclusion in the region we live in. We want to build a digital bank on the right foundation - using data, tech and trust to solve problems and serve consumers. We would love to speak with you if you believe you have what it takes to be at the forefront of innovation to build this new Digibank with us.
We are seeking an experienced member to join the Design team for our new Digibank initiative in Singapore. This role will be based in Singapore, reporting into the Senior Design Manager for Digibank. This individual will also work closely with the engineering, business, and other stakeholders across Grab and Singtel.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
[Get to know the Team]
We’re a brand new team formed to build out our digital bank.
As part of the Design Team, you will lead some of our highest impact, strategic projects. You’ll be responsible for raising the bar, delivering projects that require complex stakeholder management and coordination across multiple cross-functional teams. You will have the opportunity to help define the overall digibank product strategy as we progress from application to launch and beyond.
We like creative hustlers, people who can think outside the box, motivate and get stuff done even if it seems impossible. We work fast, push the boundaries, try new things and sometimes they don’t work, so we embrace failure and lifelong learning.
[Get to know the Role]
We are looking for an experienced Content Designer to design experiences through language for Digibank. The Content Designer should demonstrate strong UX writing and user-centric thinking, as well as stakeholder management skills. They should be able to plan, create, design, and govern the content for products they work on, from the big picture strategy to minute details that matter.
[The day-to-day activities]
- Work on delivering the source content (English) on Grab’s mobile apps, web platforms, and other tools without close supervision
- Work collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, other Content Designers, and Language Specialists to deliver the best possible experience, while retaining our brand voice
- Ensure content quality by providing critique and feedback
- Take initiative, anticipate problems, and enable your working teams to develop solutions
- Cultivate a team culture of openness and collaboration
- Develop and implement best practices for writers, designers, and engineers to strengthen collaboration and raise the quality of content
- Understand and apply user insights and metrics to the content, while guiding junior Content Designers to do the same
- Outstanding UX writing and editing skills in English
- Able to make effective content decisions based on solid rationale which aligns with both user needs and the company vision
- Understand the user journey from the point of view of the contents and ensure there is no difference in UX across all touchpoints
- Cares about and advocates for a better quality of life for the people in Southeast Asia
- Has experience applying a universal voice and various tones for different audiences, and you can coach other people to do so too
- Has an open mind and able to adapt to new ideas
- Strong time management, stakeholder management, and prioritisation skills, as you’ll be handling multiple projects at the same time
- Able to collaborate using remote collaboration tools
- Has relevant experience using the Agile methodology and MVP approaches
- Ability to resolve issues diplomatically
- Background in communications, social sciences, humanities, or a writing-related field
- Experience in financial services, e-commerce, or tech startup environments
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Knows how to justify why we should or shouldn’t use the Oxford comma
If the above sounds exciting for you and you are ready to let your creative juices flow with us, click "I'm Interested"!