Hey, I’m Joel! With a strong interest in branding, marketing and design, I am actively pursuing relevant education and experience in the field!
Hi! I'm Charmaine and I'm a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Role:
• Develop and Maintain a Data Access Platform allow user to apply ad-hoc access to the database and do query / DDL / DML with proper approval and audit.
• Develop, review and improve processes for stable deployments of Application Code with Release Engineering and of database server software with SysOps.
• Develop and implement security policies and procedures that improve stability and prevent data leak.
• Provide escalated support and participate in incidents where the responsible property is Data Access Platform.
• Develop and deliver, documentation and training materials. Perform training about Data Access Platform operational best practices across the company.
The day-to-day activities:
• Design and implement RESTful APIs.
• Build and deploy performant modern web applications in React, Angular, Golang.
• Build Architect efficient and scalable backend systems with Golang / Python.
• Write unit, functional and end-to-end tests
• Work with DBA and operations team in building tooling to drive scalability, reliability and performance
• Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available data persistence systems
• Hands-on experience on MySQL database engines is needed, good to have understanding on PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ScyllaDB.
• Understanding on key-value stores or data structure databases (such as Redis, ElasticSearch et al) is definitely a plus.
• Working proficiency in at least one language is required and prefer to be Golang.
• Proficient understanding of the HTTP protocol
• Sound understanding on working dockers/containerisation.
• Working knowledge on NoSQL datastores like Cassandra or ScyllaDB is a plus.
• Sound understanding on AWS as a public cloud, good to have working knowledge on GCP/Azure.
• Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
• Proficiency with Linux system administration.
• Advice and support product, engineering, support and operation teams.
• Automate the daily task and complex problem to build the team proficiency
• Participate in on-call rotations
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, click "I'm interested" and speak with our team today!