Joel is an employer branding & marketing intern at Grab.
Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Driving Southeast Asia forward with the green dream machine. Communications generalist by nature, currently deepening my roots in Employer Branding. NTU WKWSCI Postgraduate.
Grab is one of Southeast Asia's leading superapp that provides everyday services that matter the most to consumers. Through its open platform strategy, Grab works with partners to provide safe, accessible and affordable transport, food, package, grocery delivery, mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is one of the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services. This is why we are coming together to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve consumers. If you have what it takes to help build this new Digibank with us.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
[Get to know our Team]
When people talk about Grab, they generally refer to the apps that we develop, optimize and maintain. With all eyes on us, you’ll be treated as a hero when you deliver according to our high expectations. Our mobile engineering team is a large international group of highly talented developers who strive for quality and innovation. You’ll be working in an agile and test-driven development environment. Apart from developing new features, platforms and maintaining existing products, you also trial and evaluate new mobile technologies.
We are continuously looking to innovate our transportation and payment platforms, which requires the help of top-notch Android engineers. Our production scale is massive. We process thousands of bookings a day and regularly see hundreds of millions of traffic data per month. When you push out new code millions of people will see what you made within seconds. Operating on this level is hard but deeply rewarding.
[Get to know the Role]
- Work closely with the Product, UX/UI and Backend teams to design, build and extend consumer and/or partner facing new products, platforms and features.
- Build re-usable Android software components for the Grab platform.
- Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
- Monitor the performance of the live apps and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Raise the bar by reviewing each other's code, share knowledge, tips and tricks, and generally help out - within and across teams. This may include pair programming.
- Evaluate new mobile methodologies and technologies.
[The must haves]
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields.
- Up-to-date on the modern Android programming paradigm, including the use of RxJava and/or Kotlin.
- Strong UX/UI design exposure and experience in making apps work intuitively and with pixel perfect interfaces.
- You have working knowledge of several architectural approaches, caching, data storage and security.
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures).
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. You also have a collaborative attitude, because ‘Your Problem Is
My Problem’ (YPIMP).
Now, if you want to join this journey and solve problems together, click "I'm interested!"