Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Everywhere it matters, Thales is there. In all its markets — aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security — our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly.
Thales Solutions Asia
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is a global high technology leader investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust, which is vital to the development of our societies.
The combined expertise of our 80,000 employees, world-class technology, and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
To succeed, we must work as partners with our customers, listening to them, anticipating their needs and finding solutions together. By delivering on our promises and providing state-of-the-art solutions and top-quality service, we ensure the long-term satisfaction of our customers.
One Team, One Thales
We share responsibilities in a culture of loyalty, partnership and transparency. We encourage solidarity and cooperation at every level of the organisation. We are all on the same team and united in our actions.
Developing our people
Supporting the professional development of each employee is fundamental. We respect diversity and promote knowledge-sharing. We encourage dialogue. And we promote collective achievements as well as individual talents.
Accountable and committed to excellence
We strive to achieve excellence by acting with integrity, loyalty, accountability and professionalism in everything we do.
Agile and innovative
We aim to continually improve quality and work more efficiently. This means being ready to take risks, always demonstrating leadership, deciding quickly and acting on our decisions immediately. We strive to build on new ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.
Thales Singapore Engineering Competence Centre (ECC) is a well-established R&D and engineering centre serving major customers worldwide in Digital Identity and Security domains ranging from mobile connectivity, IoT, banking & payment to government solutions.
As s Software Engineer in Thales Embedded Product Development Team in ECC, you will participate in the design, implementation, validation and deployment of Embedded Products for major OEM customers.
A week in the life of an Embedded Software Engineer:
· Develop, validate and deploy new software components (for example advance software security mechanism and next generation IoT connectivity protocols) for embedded operating systems targeted for mobile and IoT devices, in applications such as mobile payment, digital identity and IoT connectivity
· Participate to the development of next generation operating systems for future devices
· Being in agile development environment to work closely within team and multiple teams around the world to build great products exceeding customer expectations
· Contribute to continuous product and development methodology improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Proficient in C/Java programming languages
· 1st professional experience or internship within embedded software development area preferred
· Knowledge of embedded technologies/ecosystem, software security or Javacard knowledge is a plus
· Team player with good communications and collaborative skills
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!