Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Everywhere it matters, Thales is there. In all its markets — aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security — our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly.
Thales Solutions Asia
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is a global high technology leader investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust, which is vital to the development of our societies.
The combined expertise of our 80,000 employees, world-class technology, and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
To succeed, we must work as partners with our customers, listening to them, anticipating their needs and finding solutions together. By delivering on our promises and providing state-of-the-art solutions and top-quality service, we ensure the long-term satisfaction of our customers.
One Team, One Thales
We share responsibilities in a culture of loyalty, partnership and transparency. We encourage solidarity and cooperation at every level of the organisation. We are all on the same team and united in our actions.
Developing our people
Supporting the professional development of each employee is fundamental. We respect diversity and promote knowledge-sharing. We encourage dialogue. And we promote collective achievements as well as individual talents.
Accountable and committed to excellence
We strive to achieve excellence by acting with integrity, loyalty, accountability and professionalism in everything we do.
Agile and innovative
We aim to continually improve quality and work more efficiently. This means being ready to take risks, always demonstrating leadership, deciding quickly and acting on our decisions immediately. We strive to build on new ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.
The Aviation Innovation Research (AIR) Lab
Established in Nov 2019, the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and Thales launched a research lab in Singapore as a key nexus to accelerate the innovation and collaboration between CAAS and Thales for the next generation of Air Traffic Management (ATM).
Co-steered by the senior management from CAAS and Thales, AIR Lab is leveraging open and advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to develop and demonstrate future ATM Proof-of-Concepts (POCs). The POCs in AIR Lab will allow quick integration of the new innovations that are developed into an ATM System. AIR Lab is also co-located with the Thales Digital Factory to synergise with the digital transformation efforts in Thales.
Strategically sited in the vibrant WeWork’s flagship in Suntec, the AIR Lab aims to accelerate the development of the next-gen of local ATM experts and nurture their talents. ATM domain experts, software developers/engineers and Air Traffic Controllers (ATCOs) from CAAS and Thales would also be working in concert and in an agile fashion on the POCs. Supported by the Aviation Transformation Programme (ATP) under the National Research Foundation, AIR Lab provides an open platform for multiple stakeholders in the ATM value chain; including AI experts, software engineers, local start-ups, and enterprises, to collaborate and overcome technological challenges faced by conventional aviation management.
The AIR Lab also provides an opportunity for innovative start-ups to participate in the excellence of Singapore’s own ATM ecosystem and to jointly develop solutions that can be scaled at a global level.
• Provisioning, packaging, deployment and administration of the software platform for a development, testing, validation, demonstration and operational purposes
• Management and maintenance of the platform infrastructures with a DevOps and IAC (infrastructure-as-code) approach
• Provisioning Cloud platform to meet the project requirements with cybersecurity implications identification
• To gather requirements, design, code and test software components and/or their integration process as assigned by the team leader
• Work in an agile, cross-functional multinational team, actively engaging to support the success of the team
• Delivery of high-quality best-practice clean code.
• To think out of the box to contribute to solving complex technical integration problems and to work collaboratively with the rest of the team to build a shared approach consensus
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with a minimum of 5 years of experience
• Strong experience in Cloud infra configuration and administration plus Linux system kernel level configuration. A certification is not required but would be advantageous.
• Strong knowledge of virtualization and containerization, including hypervisors (kvm), clustered deployment orchestration (Kubernetes), containers (Docker) and their Linux foundations
• Strong of infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform) automation and configuration management tools (Ansible/Puppet) as well as container orchestration tools (Kubernetes)
• Strong knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud-native architectures for system design and delivery
• Good knowledge of common integration patterns (including cloud-native such as micro-services and streaming such as lambda and kappa patterns)
• Good knowledge of public APIs for web services using representations and deployments such as REST, RESTful web services and API Gateways
• Experience deploying tool chains for CI/CD and automated SW testing and deployment, with hands-on software design and development experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Linux, CORE JAVA, Java 8
• Previous experience with large data storage and analytics platforms (Datalake) and data manipulation tooling, e.g. Kibana, Elasicsearch, LogStash
• Possess understanding and previous use of common integration patterns for web services and public API Gateway deployments, (ingress web-server, web-proxy, load-balancer, firewall, etc.)
• Experience with migrating physical platforms into a virtual environment
• Knowledge of real time software development and safety critical systems
• Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Kotlin, Go, TypeScript Ada or Java 6) or frameworks (React, Swing)
• Possess learning agility, flexibility and proactivity
• Comfortable with agile teamwork and customer engagement
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!