Who We Are
Established 1983 in Singapore, we rose to prominence with our invention of the CD Wallet in the late 1980s. The CD Wallet was designed to enable people to transport multiple CDs around easily and effortlessly in the days before there were smartphones, before Spotify and iTunes. The stunning success of the CD Wallet paved the way for us to thrive in the OEM industry — producing bags, wallets, and other IT gadget accessories for retailers globally ever since.
Armed with decades of bag-making experience, we then widened our focus to growing our consumer brand AGVA Bags the recent years. One of our missions is to enable people to be productive and efficient and getting organised in their everyday lives, we have also expanded our product range to include other forms of organising solutions that can be utilised at home, at work, and when travelling. We work with trusted and reliable business partners who carry products we had discerned to be suitable for our consumers to enable them to be efficient and productive in their everyday lives.
One of which is Stackers, which has beautiful storage solutions for all your jewellery and accessories. We are the exclusive sole distributor of Stackers and Padpod consumer brands in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
Visit our websites:
We design every product with our mission in mind: to enable people to be productive and efficient by helping them get organised. A question we always ask ourselves with every iteration of a bag design is “How can we cut down the time a person spends searching for things in their bag?”. Every pocket in a sleeve is intentional. Every compartment in a bag serves a purpose.
Our brand values permeate through our organisation and we translate these values onto the products we create and carry for our consumers. These four values are deep-seeded truths that we embrace every single day—culturally, emotionally, physically.
Efficiency: We aim to be efficient in whatever we do at work, and cut through the unnecessary clutter, and getting straight to the point. Being efficient means we are able to have more time to focus on the more important things in life such as spending time with our family and loved ones.
Reliability: We aim to create and carry reliable products that our customers can use and trust effortlessly. Our products undergo strict quality control checks and we adopt a Total Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements for our manufacturing operations. Besides our products, we extend reliability to our customer service as well. We deliver what we say and promise to create the trust between the brand and our customers to enhance brand loyalty.
Innovation: We are constantly looking out and brainstorming about how we can enable We look at the things around us we use daily and are constantly brainstorming on how we can innovate them to enable ourselves to be more efficient and productive. We then translate these ideas to solutions and products and develop them for our customers.
Resilience: Resilience is a characteristic trait which we hope to impart to everyone working in AGVA and using AGVA branded products. Resilience is defined as the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness. For objects it is defined as the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape; elasticity. Tough times don’t last but tough people do. It is with resilience that we were able to survive during the many financial crisis over the years, and we hope to carry this resilience forward.
The role is a dual-tasked role. The primary role is one of an Executive Assistant. You will be reporting directly to the Sales Director and will support in daily administrative & operational matters. You may be liaising with external appointed accountant and will directly interact with the management team of AGVA Singapore.
The other task is to manage the day-to-day office operations of AGVA Singapore. It is a hands-on role to manage the daily operations in Singapore office.
You will be working in an exciting, fast-paced and forward-thinking, technology driven business model, where you will be expected to work independently, efficiently and effectively to handle concurrently the day-to-day account processing related tasks, as well as assist in any ad-hoc projects. As you further develop in your role, you will be provided the opportunity for career progression and in-depth exposure to running a business.
Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Administrative tasks
• Work on administrative accounting documentation and invoices to ensure information for business transactions are captured via the cloud-based accounting system. Preferably familiar with cloud accounting software such as Xero
• Track invoices received and process payments to suppliers, vendors and contractors, and update accounts payables via cloud-based accounting system such as Xero
• Issue invoices and/or credit notes, track and process receipts, and update accounts receivables via cloud-based accounting system Xero
• Track & manage inventory movement using the customized inventory app tools and prepare inventory analysis reports to the Management Team
• Review, tabulate staff expense receipts and process monthly expense claims for the Sales Director
• Reconciliation of bank statements
• Perform monthly closing activities and track budgets on expenses
• Prepare monthly schedules where necessary
• Track and prepare invoices and documentation for GST submission
• May support external accountant to maintain/prepare statutory audit and tax submissions
2. General Support in Operational Matters
• Managing incoming inventory purchases and communicating with logistic providers in inventory movement
• Consolidating all operational paperwork
• Support the Sales & Operation Manager with online customer service support to ensure product fulfillment for customers
• Manage the smooth running, overall operations and administrative areas of Agva Singapore, eg pantry supplies and cleanliness, mail handling, appointment meetings, visitor registration, etc.
• Support in the financial planning and tracking to achieve overall financial objectives of the company
• Minimum 2 years of hands-on accounting administrative experience with relevant accounting skills in documentation tracking, invoicing, payments and collection tracking and reporting.
• Major in Accountancy/ACCA
• Familiar with accounting software (e.g. MYOB, Xero, Quickbooks) and extensive working experience in Microsoft Excel and MS Office.
Technologically savvy overall is a must
• Good with numbers and figures and possess an analytical acumen
• Proficient in written and spoken English and possess good communication skills.
• Excellent organising abilities. Great attention to detail and thorough.
• Strong team-player, positive attitude, adaptable, and enthusiastic. Passionate and in developing this role as a long-term career aspiration.
• Pro-active and be able to work independently when given task goals and deadlines. Able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into actionable plans.
• Able to work under pressure when required, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!