DealStreetAsia™ is a Singapore-headquartered, subscription-driven media company, covering all deals – private equity, venture capital M&As, listings and the business of startups across Asia.
We provide deals data, intelligence, and perspective on some of Asia’s most opaque markets to international and regional investors. We also track startups that are disrupting the status quo and playing an important role in the evolution of one of the fastest-growing regions of the world.
As one of Southeast Asia’s first subscription-based digital media company, our USP is producing journalism worth paying for – we are NOT a content play. The response to the introduction of the paywall has surpassed our expectations – it validates our readers’ support for our journalism, and it is fuel for us to double down on building a world-class organization.
In this effort, our team abides by a strict Code of Conduct, that helps us in our mission to build and support an ethical network of journalists and professionals. Our coverage is powered by growing our strong team of nearly two dozen writers and researchers, who live and work in key markets across the region, including Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India.
Over the last five years, we have differentiated ourselves in an aggregation-dominated market, with the depth and width of our stories, and provided deal engineers across the industry a competitive edge. The site also addresses the imbalance in coverage of companies from this demographically diverse and challenging region which has frequently been underserved by the media – both international and regional. Our breaking stories have been followed by all leading media including Bloomberg, Reuters, TechCrunch, and Business Times, among others. In mid-2019, Nikkei Inc, the owner of Financial Times, picked up a controlling stake in DealStreetAsia. Through its coverage, analytics, and events, DealStreetAsia’s aim is to chronicle Asia as it negotiates a new Golden Age of investing. We will be launching a series of new products through 2020 including data, research, and long-form articles. Stay tuned for these announcements.
Read more at: https://www.dealstreetasia.com/about-us/
Mission: To become indispensable to the entrepreneur & investment community
Founded in 2014 and now under the Nikkei Group of companies, DealStreetAsia is the region’s leading publisher of news on PE, VC, M&A, IPOs and start-ups. Our growing global readership comprises executives from the deals and investment space (investors, corporates, SMEs, start-ups, fund managers, advisors, law firms…) across ASEAN, India, the US and Hong Kong.
Since 2016, DealStreetAsia organises the flagship ‘Asia PE-VC Summit,’ helping our audience understand the changing megatrends in the deals and investment space across sectors and countries.
A young and vibrant team with a non-hierarchical structure, we are looking for someone who can contribute his/her skills to the success of our firm.
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered. Suitable candidates will be invited to an interview.
DealStreetAsia is looking for someone to drive subscription growth, improve customer loyalty and increase brand awareness of our suite of news and related data products. This role will be responsible for delighting and acquiring customers across paid, owned and earned channels.
You should be data-driven and have the ability to turn qualitative and quantitative data into insightful action plans and strategies. The ideal candidate will be passionate about journalism and the company’s mission of building a world-class media organization powered by our subscribers.
Since 2014, we have grown from strength to strength starting with a free newsletter and moving from a traditional advertising to a paid subscription model. As the Marketing Manager, you drive to derive customer insights to inform ROI positive campaigns.
- Proactively manage the user interface and experience with a focus on overall profitable subscriber growth
- Improve performance marketing by providing insights to data and trends to improve attribution
- Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet KPIs; Test new channels and trends
- Own the user experience and brand for all stakeholders (e.g., customers, sponsors, speakers, etc...)
- Continually review and improve systems to monitor customer engagement including social media, email and other channels
- Develop and oversee campaign creative concepts
- Lead the roadmap to improve features that improve key metrics that gauge customer engagement, loyalty and lifetime value
- Optimize the conversion funnel and coordinate resources to improve the user experience
- Monitor market intelligence and keep track on competitor movement.
EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record of successful marketing campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with relevant analytics platforms, customer insight tools
- In-depth knowledge of various marketing channels and technologies, including, but not limited to paid search, retargeting, social media, SEO, email marketing, out-of-home, events
- Work with tech team to build effective engagement, retention and referral mechanics into our media products
- Strong copywriting skills to write compelling headlines and blog content
- Eye for good design. Basic understanding of UI and UX.
Do you have what it takes? Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!