Hg Exchange (HGX) is a private exchange formed by an alliance of leading financial intermediaries, individually licensed and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Our technology infrastructure is underpinned by advanced blockchain technology and proven exchange solutions to enable secure and efficient cross-border listing and trading of both digital and non-digital capital market products.
The very first stock exchange was founded in the 1900s. It was member-owned and self-regulated. Over time, it evolved to what we are familiar with today — stock exchanges are private entities driven by profit.
As a consortium-led private exchange, we take a bottom-up approach to build the Exchange of the Future. By uniting financial institutions, broker-dealers, corporate finance advisors, and other leading capital markets entities, HGX offers the most comprehensive network for buyers and sellers in the ecosystem.
Our mission is to create an equitable trading platform by bringing operational transparency, fair competition and cost-efficiency to the private capital markets.
The story behind our name:
Hg is the elemental symbol for Mercury.
Mercury is the sole metallic element that is liquid at standard conditions for temperature and pressure. It is utilised in thermometers for its trustworthiness and reliability – drawing a parallel to the fundamental ethos of the exchange.
Mercury also refers to the Roman deity who was the messenger to the gods – akin to the role of the exchange which bridges the gap between buyers and sellers to facilitate trade.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join us as a Manager, Business Development & Marketing based in Singapore.
To promote HGX as the exchange-of-choice for the Private Capital Markets, by building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships across the ecosystem, including institutional participants, brokerage houses, market makers, and prospects. The candidate will be responsible for driving competitive initiatives and sourcing growth opportunities ranging from member acquisition and engagement to new business initiatives and listings on the Exchange
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive growth through business development initiatives focused on the recruitment and management of strategic partnerships with financial institutions and ecosystem participants (including issuers, independent liquidity providers, interdealer brokers, and other partners).
- Manage regional sales and marketing efforts to promote listings and membership programs
- Plan and manage branding and marketing activities, including events, conferences, marketing-related collateral, and documents, etc.
- Plan and organize roadshows, engage with other potential and existing partners and coordinate with HGX members to drive the marketplace and trading ecosystem
- Meet targets and KPIs for listings and membership
- Develop long-term strategies for listing and membership growth, maintain up-to-date knowledge of the competitive landscape and industry developments to identify commercial opportunities
- Drive the development and continued cultivation of client relationships, gaining an understanding of the interests and gather feedback from members and issuers
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships and other relationships within the Private Capital Markets ecosystem to grow the business
- Lead and support other projects and activities that may be required from time-to-time
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University graduate, preferably with a bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, business, or IT
- At least 8 years of relevant experience but we welcome exceptional candidates with 5 years of relevant experience and with a stellar track record in business development and/or marketing in the financial and technology industries in roles such as wealth management, software sales, asset management, or blockchain applications
- Solid presentation skills, both oral and written, with competence in preparing and presenting with PowerPoint
- A self-driven mindset with a focus on achieving KPIs, goals, and sales targets
- Takes ownership and responsibility towards the delivery of sales targets and marketing plans
- Good team player that thrives in an open and flexible fintech culture
- Take on challenges, thrive on logic, accept, and create changes with flexibility
- Able to multitask, handle additional roles and work independently, often in a time-sensitive environment
- Numerate and analytical along with good interpersonal skills
- Passionate about finance, trading, and blockchain technology
Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please come prepared for an intensive round of interviews.
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!