With one foot in the world of education and the other in technology, Preface aims to nurture and empower those with a passion to teach to suit the ever changing learning landscape around the world with our new educational product - Preface NOMAD.
Preface NOMAD reimagines a new classroom setting outside a traditional classroom and explores an environment that enables learning and teaching without physical limits or boundaries. All teachers will undergo a comprehensive training program provided by the certified MIT Trainers from Preface.
Since 2014, PREFACE has focused on providing education solutions to those that feels disconnected with the traditional learning methods. We believe that the world has improved and evolved at a speed that the education systems failed to match.
Driven by our motto that “There isn’t a thing that cannot be learnt”, PREFACE is here to deliver a solution to the mismatch via technology. We are here to offer a course so personalised that there isn’t a way a learner would be neglected; a curriculum so approachable that any learner would understand, and a delivery method so efficient that no one would say no to.
So don’t get us wrong, we are not just an education centre, but a game-changer and influencer in learning - from the learning spaces, our education Concept Store at Preface Coffee where coffee meets learning, to the course offerings and the new way of learning with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technology.
We are scaling up quickly, and Preface needs someone to keep the momentum moving! If you are someone who is comfortable working in an agile environment, loves tackling market problem and influencing people, then you’re probably looking at the right job.
Read on if you want to thrive in our game-changing, yet fun and autonomous start-up culture!
As an ideal candidate, you will display the following core competencies:
- Attentive to details, and manage tasks effectively and efficiently
- Enjoy managing both internal and external relationships
- Passionate about education and technology
- Always curious about learning new things and gaining insights from observations
- Actively listening and taking thoughtful actions
Your key responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Identify hiring needs and perform end-to-end recruitment activities, including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and assessing Teachers
- Build and foster relationships with external partners such as third-party recruitment vendors
- Act as a partner to execute effective learning and development programs for Teaching staff
- Identify training needs, design and conduct training programs for Teaching staff
- Conduct post-training evaluation, including but not limited to measuring training outcomes and analysing results
- Cultivate a desirable work environment and drive Teachers’ productivity through different initiatives
- Enhance teaching performance through class observations and talent development programs
- Provide coaching and mentoring for Teachers where necessary
- Possess passion for education
- Possess 3-4 year’s relevant training experience in similar capacity
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adjust to different situations
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Flexible team player who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done and enjoys challenges
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as a Manager