The Institute of Technical Education (ITE) was established as a post-secondary institution in 1992, under the Ministry of Education. ITE is a principal provider of career and technical education and a key developer of national skills certification and standards, skilling Singapore for the future economy.
At ITE, we strive to make learning both enjoyable, yet relevant to your future career. We do this by bringing your future workplace to our campuses. And because the transition from school to career is a big one, we try to make it smoother by designing our courses with you in mind.
ITE's Mission, Vision and Values (also known as ‘ITE Heartbeat’) represent our collective aspirations and beliefs in preparing our future workforce with future skills for employability and lifelong learning.
Create Opportunities for Students and Adult Learners to Acquire Skills, Knowledge and Values for Employability and Lifelong Learning
A Trailblazer in Career Technical Education and Work-Study Training
ITE Care – Integrity | Teamwork | Excellence | Care
ITE offers three key programmes:
• Pre-Employment Training for youths after secondary education,
• Continuing Education and Training for adult learners, and
• Industry-Based and Work-Study Programmes with employers.
Under its 'One ITE System, Three Colleges' Governance Model, ITE has three Colleges - ITE College Central, ITE College East and ITE College West, each empowered to develop their own niches of excellence to enhance students’ success and the attractiveness of an ITE Education.
At ITE, we will help you find meaning and joy in the work you do, to make a difference to our students, and to make your career extraordinary!
Work alongside creative, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to make an extraordinary difference to our students. Our ‘family-like’ yet dynamic environment will enable you to apply your skills and passion to push boundaries. Opportunities are abound for your professional development and growth in this world-class institution in career and technical education. Our numerous accolades are affirmed testimonies to our continued commitment to making ITE a great place to work and grow.
We welcome you to join our ITE family for a meaningful and challenging career!
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
- You should be trained in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent and familiar with at least two of the following:
• Cisco Networking Technologies
• Windows Server Administration
• Linux Server Administration
• Cloud Computing / Operations (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
• Virtualisation Platform (Vmware, VirtualBox)
• Network/System Automation
• Scripting Languages (Bash, Python)
• IT Service Management
- In addition, you should have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience in networks, windows and servers and be able to develop, support and maintain the DevOps tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. You will work with the development, QA, Release Engineering, and Infrastructure team to maintain a high quality deployment platform. Professional certifications in Cisco CCNA, CCNP, MCP, AWS Certified Practitioner or equivalent will be an advantage. You should have a passion and genuine interest to share knowledge and interact with youth, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
As a teacher in ITE, your persistent drive to shape the next generation will set the foundation for confident, multi-dimensional learners in a world-class environment. With you guiding them throughout their journey, they will be equipped with the skills to be career - and world-ready, with the right values for the future. After all, their future starts with you.
Click on 'I'm Interested' now to apply!