I believe in the power of stories and am skilled in the science behind delivering the stories to consumers. I’ve managed businesses with multi-million media spend in China and across the rest of the region in Asia. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, I’ve always spearheaded projects that create...
Our Better World tells stories to inspire action. We tell stories of people in Asia who help the vulnerable and disenfranchised. They could be youth easing the burden of the elderly, or locals creating livelihood opportunities for refugees, or mothers starting a movement to end child sexual abuse. They are people from the local communities or within the vulnerable communities. We champion a wide spectrum of causes and represent non-profits or social enterprises that are often overlooked and more in need of support.
Through stories, we create awareness on the complexity of social issues, and we shine the light on the people choosing to be part of the solution. We then provide ways for the viewers to act on the issue, join in a conversation and contribute to the featured cause.
Our Better World is the digital storytelling initiative of the Singapore International Foundation.
The reason Our Better World (OBW) exists is to make people care. Care about the social issues affecting the world and compelling them to contribute and be part of the solution. We inspire this action through our storytelling. This is why we do what we do - because we believe stories have the power to inspire more people taking action to shape our better world.
Our team started 8 years ago with a three man team and this has grown to 16 today. We have been steadfast in our identity and reputation as impact storytellers. We attribute this to us living out our values by recruiting people and working with partners who believe and resonate with these values - humility, compassion and authenticity.
We’re looking for someone to create innovative and compelling actionable digital content (video, photo and written stories) for a global audience, working with and growing our regional network of content creators (filmmakers, illustrators, photographers, motion graphic artists, writers, etc), and support our in house team of producers. You must be able to conceptualise a story of any nature and have a knack in managing talented creative minds.
You believe in the power of stories; and resonate with the stories we tell about people doing good in Asia to inspire action and impact lives.
You are someone with the ability to shape this unique genre of content that will work in effectively engaging audiences across a variety of digital channels. You also have the editorial and operational expertise to oversee the entire content creation process from sourcing and commissioning of stories to final delivery and publication.
You are always having one eye on best practices and both eyes on new ways in creating better stories as well as working smarter. You have the versatility of experience across authentic storytelling and promotional marketing.
- As deputy to the Content Lead in shaping content strategy and plans
• Contribute to executing the content strategy and keeping it relevant to evolving content approaches
• Innovate on new approaches to storytelling for social impact
• Responsible for the editorial calendar, scheduling and project assignments as well as set in place effective content processes
• Contribute in growing volume and variety of content in respective formats
• Collaborate and strategise content with promotions team, and guide promo producing
- Ensure editorial standards are met and consistency of brand voice/style is well executed across content
• Oversee, edit, write headlines, story text, image captions, synopses/description, etc
• Oversee, source, edit and publish images to required standards
• Oversee, edit and prepare text content for publication
- Executive produce, produce, develop, execute and oversee assigned story projects through production from concept to delivery
• Story project conceptualisation
• Story project brief development
• Project resources within project budgets
• Storyteller on-boarding and follow-ups
• Story subject on-boarding and follow-ups
• Story asset production where needed
• Story reviews and revisions
• Intra-team co-ordination and communication
• Curation of secondary/third-party community generated content in respective formats
• Check that all relevant copyrights and contracts have been cleared and ensure that content meets legal guidelines
- Support and guide the in house team of producers
• Support and nurture OBW producers in projects, as well as in their creative development.
• Oversee and manage associate producer
- Grow and manage a regional network of content creators that meet creative and quality control standards
- Create content packages for revenue partnership opportunities
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in video content creation (broadcast or digital). International experience in directing and producing is required
- At least 2 years of team management experience as executive producer
- Proficient in Editing (Premiere Pro). Knowledge in After Effects and animation are favourable
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining editorial standards, and ensuring content creators meet deadlines while nurturing good relationships
- Ability to take a solutions-focused approach to problems inherent in publishing high volumes of content on a regular basis
- Experience with a variety of content formats and types and a healthy curiosity about new forms of content that continue to emerge (360 video etc)
- Basic understanding and awareness of content in relation to different digital platforms ranging from traditional publishers, to social media, to messenger apps etc.
- Desire to work collaboratively and with multiple stakeholders.
If the above excites you and you believe you have what it takes for the role, with a passion to make a real difference, we want to hear from you.
** Only shortlisted applicants will be notified