I believe in the power of stories and am skilled in the science behind delivering the stories to consumers. I’ve managed businesses with multi-million media spend in China and across the rest of the region in Asia. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, I’ve always spearheaded projects that create...
Our Better World tells stories to inspire action. We tell stories of people in Asia who help the vulnerable and disenfranchised. They could be youth easing the burden of the elderly, or locals creating livelihood opportunities for refugees, or mothers starting a movement to end child sexual abuse. They are people from the local communities or within the vulnerable communities. We champion a wide spectrum of causes and represent non-profits or social enterprises that are often overlooked and more in need of support.
Through stories, we create awareness on the complexity of social issues, and we shine the light on the people choosing to be part of the solution. We then provide ways for the viewers to act on the issue, join in a conversation and contribute to the featured cause.
Our Better World is the digital storytelling initiative of the Singapore International Foundation.
The reason Our Better World (OBW) exists is to make people care. Care about the social issues affecting the world and compelling them to contribute and be part of the solution. We inspire this action through our storytelling. This is why we do what we do - because we believe stories have the power to inspire more people taking action to shape our better world.
Our team started 8 years ago with a three man team and this has grown to 16 today. We have been steadfast in our identity and reputation as impact storytellers. We attribute this to us living out our values by recruiting people and working with partners who believe and resonate with these values - humility, compassion and authenticity.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on social media, loves connecting with people and engaging them as community.
You love being on the cutting edge of the digital media space, picking up future trends and applying the latest tools. You can’t stand being unplugged, you’re a mobile hotspot and you love “selling” stories that contribute towards a better world.
Someone who believes in the power of stories, who resonates with the stories we tell about people doing good in Asia, and is keen to build a vibrant community and impact more lives.
Someone who wants to make a positive difference in the world.
• Social media insights - Understand data analytics across platforms, monitoring feedback and keeping abreast latest digital trends to ensure applied insights in strategies and tactics
• Social media strategies and tactics – Develop clear strategies for respective social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn in particular), with corresponding content and engagement tactics to grow an active international community
• Social media content development - Package content customised for respective platforms, including original content development and curated content
• Social media management – Conceptualisation and execution of creative campaigns and responsive, timely engagement with online communities for conversations
• Community building – Understand community and design tiered involvement opportunities to build a vibrant online community, including a regional network of community chapters
• Frontline all community interaction on social media, be the voice of the brand on features on the OBW site (e.g forums)
• Takes full ownership of building relationships with all story subjects whom OBW features in its stories, beyond story launch
• Brand execution – Build affinity and engage with community in manner and tone of voice that is anchored in brand values of authenticity, humility and compassion
• Execution of engagement plans –increase actions on site – for OBW and for story subjects through campaigns targeted at specific community segments: Donors, Volunteer Storytellers, etc.
• Help build a sense of ownership and belonging for active members on OBW website based on community centric engagement points that exist now and those in development
• Plan and implement community events across key markets
• Help execute story circles experiment to empower community to organise their own mini events to rally support for featured causes
• Drive and manage inbound marketing and EDM campaigns
• Constantly track target audience/community feedback and evolve social media/community building tactics to build engagement
• Excellent communicator
• Intuitive and empirical knowledge of community dynamics, and how to build reach and influence specifically on the digital space
• Highly motivated and resourceful in applying varying approaches and tools to engage and build online communities
• Effective conversation moderator both online and offline
• Able to combine authentic community building with the strategy and tactics of a marketer – you live where marketing, content and community building converge
• Demonstrated ability to apply creativity to engagement strategies and tactics to build a vibrant community
• Strategic and tactical. Bring in outstanding ideas. Apply can-do entrepreneurial attitude to translate into action. Measure results. Repeat
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Willing to learn what you don’t already know
• Committed team player
• International experience preferred
• At least 3-6 years of relevant experience
This is a full-time position in Singapore. Only Singaporeans or Permanent Residents need apply.