CEO & Founder
No description available.
I'm a writer whose interests include travel, horribly gory action movies, startups, sustainable eco SMEs, and books. I spend an ungodly amount of time reading instead of sleeping, which is probably why I only remember the weird stuff.
Currently heading e27's Marketing team.
There are US300B worth of opportunities in Southeast Asia's internet economy.
With its high growth, massive user base, and high spending power, Southeast Asia provides a fertile environment for tech companies to grow, attracting many entrepreneurs and innovators to explore and scale tech solutions.
Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 startups fail in the region.
We give entrepreneurs everything they need to build a billion dollar business.
We believe that every startup deserves a fair chance to succeed.
And it our mission to empower entrepreneurs with the tools to build and grow their companies.
What started out as a blog to keep readers abreast of Singapore’s sprouting startups in 2007, has continued to evolve with time to ensure that we could continue to provide the relevant tools and resources to Asia’s tech ecosystem.
Building a successful business is never easy, especially when one has to navigate the complexities of working with different parties alone. With e27, we envision a platform that supports business with tools and an open community to help make ideas come to life.
Information that matters - We have a built a proven record in creating and curating an exhaustive range of content that impacts stakeholders in Southeast Asia, delivered in fit-for-purpose and easily digestible formats.
Fundraising opportunities - Between our fundraising widget, e27 Connect, e27 Fundraise Programme, and our investor database, we provide curated access to over a thousand active investors in Southeast Asia and beyond.
Visibility across the region - We showcase startup profiles to provide company information, help deal flow, and aid in business development opportunities.
Network building and talent discovery - We provide access to networking and career opportunities through our events database and jobs listing.
Because to build a successful business, you need a community. To build a successful business, you start at e27.
This role is suitable for someone who is passionate about tech and startups, and has the ability to plan, create, and curate content. As an Editor, you will be involved in conceptualising and dictating content direction and making sure all articles are in line with the voice of e27, as well as understand and analyse what is needed based on trends in the industry and ecosystem.
What we are looking for:
- An entrepreneurial hustler's spirit, intelligent, opinionated and critical minded
- On top of the latest daily tech news in Asia
- 3+ years of writing, editing and reporting experience for the web
- Ability to work with various teams to create a unique media product and conceptualise a growth strategy for the media site
- Degree, diploma or training course in Journalism
- Actively involved in the technology / business scene in Asia
- Experience managing a team of writers and contributors
- Fantastic sense of humor and can take the hard knocks in life
- Building a network of decision-makers in the tech industry
- Learn new tools and software
- Gain valuable work experience working with seasoned tech journalists
- Structured onboarding and training program
- Working alongside a young, motivated, fun-loving and hardworking team