Chan Wei Qi
Minifiglabs was formed in 2013 when a group of AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO)and friends got together and decided to merge their love for LEGO and unique customised gifts and share it with the world. We have not looked back since, and the company has continued to grow over the years. We now have a small but diverse group of designers, animators and production engineers at our lab who ensure that the utmost care is given to every custom minifig or set which is produced and sent to our customers from all over the world.
Our Minifiglabs team comprises passionate individuals with a wide range of skill sets who are able to meet all your customised LEGO minifig needs. Our designers work with the LEGO art style in mind, ensuring that your own creations blend in seamlessly with all existing LEGO minifigures or sets. In addition, every member of our team is fully immersed in the entire pipeline from designing to printing. We firmly believe that knowing what is involved during printing makes us better designers, and vice versa.
We work very closely with award winning brick artists whose builds have been widely recognised by the international LEGO community to create our custom sets. This ensures that the build we create is not only structurally sound, but beautiful as well!
Job Description for Graphic Designer
Minifiglabs is Singapore’s first and best service offering companies customised gifts made from LEGO® elements. We have worked with global clients like Google, Cisco and SONY.
We are in the business of happiness, creating products that redefine the corporate gifts industry and helping our clients be the hit at the next conference or trade show.
You have the unique opportunity to be part of a creative team that works with the fun medium of LEGO® bricks and minifigures every day. You will join us at the stage of rapid growth and expansion of Minifiglabs.
About the Role
We are looking for a meticulous designer who can hit the ground running, creating design solutions for our clients. Your role is to support Minifiglabs by creating digital mockups, preparing final artwork for printing and creating custom sets with LEGO® bricks. We also expect someone with an openness to learn new pipelines, and who can work in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment.
At Minifiglabs, we operate in a casual office environment but are very serious about producing high-quality work with unparalleled results. As part of a growing team where our individual job titles mean little and quality of work means everything, you will be held accountable to a high standard and expected to pitch in where needed across the board.
What A Day Looks Like @ Minifiglabs:
• Understand the design requirements of a project
• Propose/conceptualise ideas with digital mockups (Adobe Photoshop)
• Convert the mockups into printable artwork (Adobe Illustrator)
• Design building instructions for sets
• Create designs for various formats of packaging
• Occasionally communicate with specific vendors regarding your artwork
• Design custom LEGO® sets based on project requirements (training provided)
• Take product photos for archiving
• Help with the printing and assembling of LEGO® parts
You Will Love This Job If:
• You like LEGO® products
• You enjoy creating a team culture as an early member of the team
• You are a hands-on person and like to see your creations not just on a screen but in reality
• You enjoy learning new pipelines
• You are very confident using illustrator and photoshop
• You enjoy multitasking and managing time-sensitive projects concurrently
Other Head Turning Criteria:
• Singaporeans or Permanent Residents only
• Minimally 2-3 years of experience in design related roles
• Possess leadership experience in the design related roles, managing teams
• Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously under set deadlines
• You are able to cope well under pressure
• You have a positive attitude, are keen to learn
• Able to demonstrate resourcefulness, resilience and grit
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only applicants based in Singapore currently will be considered. Creative enough for the role? Click 'Want to Visit', we'd love to chat with you!