Advo is a donation-based crowdfunding mobile app that enables every child to break out of the poverty cycle by funding them through quality education.
We revolutionise funding by making it fun, easy and safe. Our app’s interactive online community allows for unprecedented engagement between donors and sponsored students. Through these relationships, sponsored students better develop life skills, mentors and career opportunities on our platform.
Advo’s user-friendly app provides convenience and transparency in donation contributions. Thereby solving common donation problems such as high cost associated with traditional fundraising methods and low visibility of impact, ensuring help reaches those who need it the most.
Download the app through https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tth.advo
Advo was inspired by the journey of a Vietnamese friend from ACS (Independent). Through his journey from a rural province in Central Vietnam to Da Nang to sit for the ASEAN scholarship exam, he benefitted from the tremendous opportunity the access to quality education was able to accord him. The exposure at ACS (Independent) enabled him to enter into a top US university in the Bay Area and thereafter secure a job at a leading bulge-bracket investment bank as well as attend Harvard Business School. His story woke us up to the importance exposure plays in widening the ambitions of youth across the region, evolving their perceptions of the career path they can achieve.
In 2018, Advo was born. Echoing the leading principle of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development to “leave no one behind”, Advo aims to enable inclusive and equitable quality education for all.
Advo’s team have been active in volunteering across various organisations such as the Red Cross of Australia, TWC2 in Singapore as well as the outreach efforts of the various religious organisations we are affiliated to. Through our prior offline volunteer work, Advo’s team is keenly aware of the need to partner our online platform with an offline support network.
Hence, we adopted an “Online Moves Offline” model. Not only do we digitally connect donors to students, we combine it with an offline student support network through their academic institutions. This ensures our students can fully benefit from the utility of our funding. To this goal we will operate on a B2B2C Model by only onboarding students who are within the network of existing academic institutions, in this manner we will be able to work in tandem with existing school support networks to monitor Advo students.
We're looking for Finance and Administration individuals to join our team!
What you'll be working on:
• Managing the full spectrum of financial accounting and reporting.
• Driving accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing.
• Overseeing monthly closing and managing monthly reporting & analysis.
• Ensuring compliance with all legislative tax and financial reporting requirements.
• Managing banking relationships, cash management and other treasury related activities.
• Plan, conduct and deliver internal audit reviews and reports against the defined plan, timeframes and quality
• Identify and provide recommendations on process improvements and cost-effective measures to mitigate overall exposure to business risks
• Risk management on financial and operational processes
• Ensure compliance with organisational policies and relevant laws and statutes
Who we're looking for:
• Certificate or Diploma in Accountancy
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills and fluency in accounting standards
• Good interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills
• Must be able to interact and collaborate with colleagues in a team-based, collaborative manner
What’s it like working at Advo?
At Advo, we are driven, fast-paced, passionate, collaborative and progressive.
Lifestyle: Casual dress code, Flexible hours
Progression: Professional development
Let's chat! Click Want to Visit to let us know you're interested.