Sarah is our HR and Education Director at Sparkline, she is focused on supporting and developing our people internally and through the growth of our Education programmes we aim to enable and empower the industry through applied knowledge and training.
Sparkline is a leading digital analytics consultancy headquartered in Singapore with a presence across the APAC region. Founded in 2013, Sparkline was launched with the aim of helping Fortune 500 companies develop a practical, strategic and scaleable approach to Digital Analytics. Through a range of customised consulting, education and in-house technology solutions, Sparkline helps businesses focus on digital maturity, capability building and data governance.
Sparkline supports companies making the leap into digital and the world of data-centric measurement frameworks. We've helped businesses of all sizes across the region leverage the power of digital data to take control of their digital strategy; drive brand engagement, optimise online experiences and ultimately increase profitability, we do this because we love to see people and businesses flourish!
Two of our core mottos are 'teamwork makes a dream work' and 'Work hard and stay humble' and we often use the phrase 'Kick Ass'!!
We love what we do and how we do it, we are always looking for hungry, bright sparks to join our team, channeling and utilising your passion for Data, analytics and people and be driven by the challenge and reward which is found through our client delivery. You must want to help people 'flourish'!!
When describing our people, we would say we are a diverse and empowered team, we work closely and tirelessly to deliver the quality of data analytics projects and training programmes because we know the impact this has on the industry and the people within it!
Sparkline takes a business first strategy to customer engagement. Our team of ‘Sparks’ are highly qualified, passionate and strive to build partnerships that deliver results through creative and practical suggestions that have immediate impact on businesses while maintaining an agnostic approach to the industry, and integrity through transparency.
We want to support our awesome team to grow in their career and develop their core and undiscovered expertise. We all have a passion for supporting our peer's development. Our Sparks see the marriage between people and data as an integral one and we strive to ensure we keep abreast of all technical changes and developments in the industry to stay relevant and able to consult with knowledge (this is power after all). Along the way we constantly work to build and grow a team of wonderful, empowered and excited 'Sparks' who make this dream a reality!
Of course while we do this, when we can, we want to have fun, enjoy who we work with and learn as much as we can while we do it. One recurring theme we see when we look at the feedback from our esteemed 'Sparkline alumni' is that all our people naturally strive to embrace our 'learning environment'. There is never a dull day at Sparkline, we move at lightning speed but with passion and energy we are able to do this with smiles on our faces and the knowledge we have a solid team around us to support us along the way.
We often refer to ourselves as the 'United Nations of Sparkline', how awesome is that? We not only work with International clients (some pretty impressive folks may we add!) but we have a wonderfully eclectic team, eclectic in terms of nationality, skills sets and personality!!!
Oh did we mention we are all superheroes? More on that when we speak!! :)
At Sparkline, we are in the people business! Our Finance Manager will be passionate about supporting our company to achieve it’s wider business goals and strategic plans through the implementation of rigorous financial planning and management on behalf of the organisation.
You will be a qualified accountant who will manage the monthly financial and management accounts and have the capability to offer recommendations and insights which deliver business impacts based on the detailed analysis of consistently gathered and accurately presented financial data.
Our Finance Manager will have a deep understanding of the business needs and leverage their extensive experience to communicate findings across the business to the C level team on a regular basis.
You will effectively manage the Accounts Payable and Receivables function as well as maintain an accurate and effective credit control function.
Coupled with this you will bring a strategic outlook to the finance function, being highly commercially minded with excellent and precise attention to detail you will also understand what needs to be done to achieve Business Health and allow enable the company to thrive and flourish.
As a Finance Manager...
At Sparkline social capital is king! Your success will be based on your ability to collaborate, cooperate and ideate with Sparks from across the business. Demonstrating your natural bias for action, you’ll chase every opportunity to flex your entrepreneurial muscles and contribute to delivering impactful solutions for our business. You’ll enjoy working with a degree of ambiguity and see the challenge in not having all the pieces of the puzzle in front of you. You will be a passionate learner with the ability to pick up news ways of working and adapt to a fast paced and ever changing environment with flourish.
Who we're looking for:
○ Bachelor’s Degree in related fields such as Accountancy or Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business Studies and/or Business Management
○ Qualified Accountant with at least 8-10 years relevant work experience, ideally with some experience within an entrepreneurial environment previously
○ Ability to manage financial and management accounts delivering deep financial analysis on a regular basis and around the company’s needs
○ Manage employee payroll and expenses effectively on a monthly basis
○ Effectively manage Payables, Receivables and Credit Control function with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely and efficient manner
○ Ideally exposure to local Singapore accounting and finance procedures delivered within adherence to Singapore law
○ Be well versed to ensure the company adheres to Singapore legal requirements as far as Financial Management and employee Compensation and Benefits delivery is concerned
○ Manage tax and treasury matters for the organisation
○ Be actively involved with the Business and Financial Planning of the organisation ensuring there is strategic financial advice provided to the CEO and the Company board
○ Be the main point of contact for all Billings and Contractual Management issues on behalf of the company ensuring that all relevant teams involved in servicing external clients and/or managing external vendors are abreast of any financial matters relating to SLAs and SOWs in place. This will include managing and tracking expiration of contracts, contract renewals as well as contract renegotiations
○ Act as the main point of contact for all Sparkline employees with regards to their own Compensation and Bonus Payments from a logistical standpoint
○ Work alongside the C level team and HR function to ensure smooth and effective management and delivery of day to day business finance matters, always being conscious of the bigger picture and end goals for the organisation.
Think you're the one? Click Want to Visit now. Make sure to fill out your profile, so we can get to know you better!