Sim Wee Chee
Established in 2009, Alston Publishing House is a leading education content provider with deep understanding of the international textbook market. Located in Singapore, a hub for excellence in education, our core focus is to develop and distribute textbooks and educational resources for the K-12 schools globally.
Our mission is to improve the lives of young people worldwide.
We aim to help young people become successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens by providing them access to excellent and affordable educational content and programmes. Our mission embodies four core values – effective pedagogies, cutting-edge technology, learner focus and respect for different cultures. These values drive every aspect of our business to ensure that our content is appropriate for both the learner’s and the educator’s environment.
We empower minds and improve lives of our employees, teachers and students.
We do what we say.
We promote work-life-balance and we practise it.
We encourage employees to hold different views and challenge status quo.
We are a growing educational publishing company based in Singapore that offers independence and autonomy in the way we do things.
Alston Publishing House crafts bespoke experiences and products for our clients and is known to offer Singapore approaches to international curricula with a global outreach. We believe in empowering minds and improving lives through education.
* Decision-making is decentralised in our office.
* We expect every individual to be driven and spontaneous to steer the projects.
We are looking for well-rounded Editor. The pay range we're offering depends on your vision of the role you can play in the team.
* Passion in education
* Critical thinking
* Preferably a major in either a Maths or Science subject with a good command of grammar
* Teaching experiences are a plus point
* An eye for design is a plus point
If you have an eye for details, is a team player, agile in thinking, creative and critical, you are also welcomed to apply without prior editorial experience.
* Interpret curricula and schemes of work with critical thinking
* Proofread and review manuscripts
* Steer the creative direction in publishing projects, in collaboration with designers and marketeers
* Acquire basic InDesign skills
* Work closely and collaboratively with other editors in the team
* Hone a good working relationship with others in the office
You will be given a lot of autonomy, so you should be self-sufficient and self-motivated. It's also a creative role, so you must be able to gracefully receive criticism and feedback about your work.
Why should you apply?
* It's tough, its's challenging, it's fulfilling
* There's no hierarchical structure in the office; it's a decentralised, co-working concept.
* You get to lead and design projects from scratch if you have a driven vision for excellent educational pedagogy.
Please send us your detailed resume that may include co-curricular or leadership achievements and special interests outside of work.